CTG Overview CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services. Overview of position
Under the overall direct supervision of the Mental Health & Psychosocial Support Program Manager, senior MHPSS Assistant & overall supervision of Deputy Chief of Mission, the successful candidates will be responsible & accountable for the direct implementation of the IOM MHPSS activities under “supporting Libyan authorities to address COVID-19 related challenges & providing assistance to vulnerable groups in Libya” project among other related tasks in Libya.
- Support the start-up of IOM MHPSS activities in the East including coordination with relevant national authorities and actors.
- Provide general psychosocial support to the members of the migrant community living in the designated DCs, and IDPs and host communities. Assess perceptions of COVID-19 among beneficiaries, design appropriate key message, suggest suitable ways to share information, disseminating information to migrants through leaflets, media, social media, informal networks.
- Conduct visits to urban locations and detention centers in order to assess the needs of migrants, IDPs and host communities.
- Provide remote general psychosocial support when needed.
- Make necessary referral to other units, programs and departments within IOM and to other stakeholders.
- Conduct a services mapping exercise in order to identify other units, stakeholders, migrant community mobilizers and leaders and working to address the need of
- migrants in the relevant urban locations, DCs and needs of IDPs and hosting communities.
- Liaise closely and coordinate with the health and protection, MRRM teams working in the area. This includes planning of the weekly visits, meetings, workshops trainings and so on.
- Undertake all administrative and office related to facilitate the successful implementation of tasks and the project activities.
- When required, develop purchase Request Forms (PRFs), get necessary approval and liaise with other unit/programs/departments within IOM to ensure that all travel and venue booking is completed in time.
- Manage all necessary paper work and get necessary approval liaising with other unit/programs/departments within IOM to ensure that all arrangements for trainings to conducted in Tunis and Libya are being completed on time.
- Report any challenges and potentials hiccups in the process to the senior MHPSS assistant & programme Manager in a timely manner.
- Support the programme manager in identifying capacity building opportunities in East of Libya for Civil Society Organizations and Government counterparts, develop training materials and contribute to the delivery of trainings if required (translation or leading sessions).
- Attend training sessions and document all process for processing approvals, authorizations maintaining up to date copies of all documents
- Work on creating a system for proper documentation.
- Provide the programme manager with timely and accurate information of delivered activities and in compliance with IOM reporting formats and timeframes.
- Liaise with other IOM units in particular Protection in addition to VHR, Health and Technical Cooperation, Community Stabilisation and MRRM to guarantee a holistic approach to responses, management of identified cases and referral when necessary.
- Liaise with IOM partners, especially Civil Society Organizations and Government counterparts to ensure interventions are delivered in line with international guidelines and standards and IOM policies.
- Travel to any location as requested by the direct supervisor when/where necessary.
- Attend meetings – both programmatic and Technical on regular basis.
- Liaise closely with the MH professional so to better follow up on cases.
- Submit weekly and monthly reports documents all activities and services provided.
- Undertake any other duty as may be assigned by the senior MHPSS assistant and PM.
This role works under the overall direct supervision of the Mental Health & Psychosocial Support Program Manager, senior MHPSS Assistant & overall supervision of Deputy Chief of Mission.
Key competencies) Effectively applies knowledge of mental health and psychosocial issues in execution of responsibilities at appropriate level; b) maintains confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work c) Skilled at developing culturally relevant psychotherapeutic interventions d) Demonstrated expertise and thorough knowledge on the practical application of the IASC Guidelines on MHPSS in Emergency Settings; e) knowledgeable on the psychosocial impact of forced displacement.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
If direct reports (10th row above) for SES is greater than zero, then the managerial competencies below are inserted.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
This role does not have any team management responsibility.
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply:
To Apply follow this link below https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetails?id=a113W000000HoPG