Closing date: 12 Jan 2023
- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- To perform the function of a Mental Health Practitioner.
- UK registration is desirable but not essential.
- To meet the requirements of our client by delivering the responsibilities of the position in a professional, efficient & effective manner as described in the SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) issued by our client.
- To ensure strict adherence to our clients medical treatment protocols, reporting requirements & policies & procedures.
- To offer pre hospital care to traumatised, injured & ill people & to initiate referrals & medical evacuations in consultation with our clients topside doctors.
- To treat patients who have suffered either medical or trauma incidents.
- Delivery of mental health assessments & counselling to refugees & the medical team.
- Assist in the management of the remote site clinic (1 trauma bed & 7 ward beds) including supporting other medical personnel.
- The team consists of a medical doctor, an ALS medic, a pre hospital care nurse / paramedic.
- Support the management of aeromedevacs in coordination with our clients HQ & their partners in turn, providing regular situation reports & transferring the patient(s) to an airport.
- Monitor & support all patients & family members.
- Provide mental health care to a population of approx. 200 refugees.
- Maintain patient medical reports to international standards.
- Perform administrative duties in support the lead medical professional on site.
- Perform other duties are required by our client.
- To be our clients brand ambassador on site.
- Additional responsibilities may include:
- Liaison & coordination with both the US medical & dental centre, including appointment scheduling & supporting tasks, e.g. organising transport, G4S chaperone, the translator(s), getting the reports, medications, follow up appointments, disclosure paperwork. Plus any blood tests, prescriptions for drugs not available to our clients team, dropping off clinical waste, covid vaccinations, etc.
- Attendance at the daily British Indian Ocean territory (BIOT) 1500hrs meeting. Attendance is limited to British citizens.
- Liaison & co-ordination between BIOT senior management & on occasion UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO).
- Relationship management & local coordination with UK military staff & G4S including driving test scheduling, vehicle logistics & monthly returns.
- Tabletop exercise to look at the major incident procedures for a migrant vessel being found by the patrol vessel & our clients teams local actions.
- Management & coordination of medical clinics to include, patient scheduling, document filing & management including all patient notes, infrastructure, securing of the medical tent, set up layout and management, to include fault finding & rectifying issues such as voltages for medical equipment, 100% muster of stores & ongoing pharmaceutical & stores management, assisting the doctor regarding paperwork supporting the medical legal requests which includes the patient consent form, medic legal pictures & managing the requests.
- Local IT management & file sharing / management.
- Drafting proposals to strengthen & secure the platform such as PGD’s, communications requirements, on island incident management plan.
- Drafting & submitting weekly report.
- Management & accounting of the cash float.
- Coordination & scheduling with the interpreters to ensure clinics can be delivered alongside the wider needs from BIOT / G4S being mindful of the risk of interpreter burnout.
- Administration as required to support our client & & their parnter personnel deployed on Diego Garcia.
- This role repotrs to the line manager.
- Qualified mental health practitioner with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
- Experience of paediatric care is desirable.
- Humanitarian mental health support experience is desirable.
- Remote site service experience is desirable.
- Good managerial skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- A team player.
- Computer literate (word, excel and power point).
- Full COVID-19 vaccinations & boosters.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- This role is for 3 months (with some limited flexibility), subsequently the potential for 3 months on 3 months off rotations.
How to apply