Membership of the UNHCR-DRC Resettlement Roster
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is recruiting Spanish-speaking candidates with refugee resettlement case work and/or RRF reviewing experience for the DRC-UNHCR Resettlement Deployment Scheme
The objective of the DRC-UNHCR Resettlement Deployment Scheme is to mobilize qualified and committed resettlement experts and to deploy them according to requests received from UNHCR in a timely and effective manner thereby strengthening the capacity of UNHCR to meet the global needs for resettlement.
We are looking for qualified Resettlement Experts who are ready to work effectively in stressful and potentially hardship environments in Latin America.
The following general qualifications are taken into consideration for membership of the Resettlement Roster:
· Previous individual casework experience (interviewing skills, counselling skills)
· Legal background through education and/or work experience
· Proven knowledge of the international legal framework governing refugees, asylum seekers, and statelessness
· Experience within any of the following technical areas:
o Resettlement case processing – interviewing and reviewing
o Best interest assessments and best interest determination of children
o Refugee status determination
o Complementary pathways
o Durable solutions
Required skills and experience for both Resettlement Case Worker and Reviewer Profiles:
· Fluency in Spanish and English
· Previous work experience with Latin American caseloads an asset
Additional required experience for Reviewer Profile only:
· Previous experience in reviewing Resettlement Registration Forms (RRFs) for submission OR minimum 3 years of experience in drafting RRFs for Latin American caseload in lieu of this
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
· Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
· Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
We foster an inclusive and diverse pool of experts, with a current membership comprised of 75 nationalities, aged between 25 to 73. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
How to apply
To be considered for the Resettlement Roster, your application must be in English and include the following:
· UN P11 form (in English)
· Three references
In the course of the application, you will be asked to provide the names email addresses of three references, which must include at least one current or previous supervisor. It is advisable that you inform them of your application to the Resettlement Roster at an early date to avoid delay in processing your application.
· Cover letter (Maximum 1 page)
In your cover letter, please specify the skills that make you suitable for deployments under the Resettlement Roster
· Performance evaluations (if available)
For candidates who work/have worked at UNHCR or other organizations, please provide a copy of your latest evaluation report.
Your P11 form, cover letter and performance evaluation should be uploaded on the application platform. To apply please visit our website. We only accept applications sent through the platform.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until Sept 3, 2023. Applications will be considered every 6 weeks, beginning March 1st. Applicants may not apply more than once in 2023. If you have questions or are having problems with the online application system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. CV’s sent directly to DRC will not be considered.