MEAL Specialist Consultancy – 4 months deployment
Request for Quotations
MEAL Specialist Consultancy – 4 months deployment
Period: As soon as possible -30 June 2023
LoE: 100% of working hours for the period denoted above.
Reporting to: Director of Programs
The primary purpose of this consultancy is to provide technical design, systems, and training support to the CARE MEAL team – primarily for Northeast Syria, but also appropriate or adaptable for wider programming. After a capacity audit and recent restructure of the department, CARE Syria is looking for a technical expert in MEAL systems, information management, and feedback mechanisms to guide implementation of the recommendations and maximize the functional capacity of the MEAL functions.
- Develop and refresh the country office MEAL Framework (4 weeks)
- Provide clear objectives for the MEAL system in the country office within a framework document (logframe, guidance etc)
- Include descriptions to set up project MEAL systems, such as what MEAL approaches would be used for each process (verification, distribution monitoring, PDM, baseline, endline, etc.).
- Provide templates and training on project-level MEAL set up (4 weeks)
- Review current project MEAL documents
- Establish templates to include: indicator definition, MEAL stakeholder analysis, MEAL Calendar/workplan, donor compliance checklist, data flow, and communication and reporting maps.
- Complete the template for 3-4 key projects (to be identified with MEAL Manager and DOP):
- Training for the MEAL team on the above
- Review RACI matrix for MEAL responsibilities (1 week)
- To include the development of the MEAL system, data collection tools and methodology, data collection and analysis, report writing, and evidence for action and improvement, global reporting mechanisms
- Run a workshop to validate with MEAL and program teams
- Complete a capacity building plan for MEAL team (1 week)
- Conduct a rapid capacity assessment for MEAL in design, evaluation, accountability, learning, ICT4MEAL, and program quality standards.
- Build a capacity building plan, to include when and how the skills would be developed. For example, X skills will be developed via an online self-learning module, while Y skills will be developed through formal in-person training.
- Begin capacity building activities where possible
- Increase analysis and design capacity in the country office (4 weeks)
- Develop SOPs on MEAL processes, including on best use of the global impact data system
- Review tools – including data analysis framework, develop reporting frameworks, PDM tools, RNA tools
- Conduct data analysis and report writing training for the MEAL and program team. The training should focus on both qualitative and quantitative data, and reporting including PIIRS
- Update Complaints and Feedback Response Mechanism system(1 week – possibility for extension)
- Review and revamp CFRM system in line with best practice and contextual feasibility.
- Update the CFRM protocols, aligning the SoPs with the global CARE Feedback and Accountability Mechanisms (FAM) protocols
- Review FAQs and information disseminated during project cycle
- Design and develop a CRM dashboard for country office use (PowerBi)
- Train CARE and partner MEAL teams, and program teams on the system.
The consultant will be required to share a very brief report by email to the Director of Programs on a weekly basis during to consultancy. In addition, it is expected that by the end of the consultancy, the consultant will be able to provide:
- Country office MEAL framework
- Project level template for MEAL plans
- Capacity assessment and training plan for MEAL team
- Training reports (where relevant, in line with workshops conducted)
- SOPs on critical MEAL processes (to be defined with MEAL Manager and DOP)
- CFRM SOPs and dashboard
- Available and willing to deploy to Northeast Syria (HEAT trained if possible)
- Available for 100% LoE for 4 months from March 2023 (or as soon as possible)
- Strong experience of developing MEAL systems in similar contexts
- Extensive technical knowledge that can be applied to Syria context is essential
- Understanding of NES context or other conflict areas is desirable
How to apply
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- List of similar past assessments and reports
- A technical proposal outlining your process, methodologies and number of days you expect to spend on this (detailed breakdown for timeline and LOE days for each deliverable)
- A financial proposal for completion of the consultancy (with detailed breakdown – if possible) in USD
*Kindly note that we will deduct the income tax; according to the Jordanian low it’s 5% for the National companies
Please take the below points into consideration before submitting your proposal:
- If you have inquiries or questions, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com no later than 08 March 2023.
Deadline for submitting your application is on 12 March 2023