Improve Badael’s monitoring and evaluation systems and practices whereas, Badael’s overall approach to measuring and communicating the impact of our progammes significantly strengthened, improving our communications and reporting outputs, as well as programmatic results.
Badael is a civil society organization working on Syria and registered in Europe with staff in multiple locations, is looking for a MEAL consultant to support its continuous efforts to foster transformative justice as the foundation for real and sustainable peace in Syria. We are searching for someone with experience working with nonprofit organizations on MEAL policy, tools and systems building as well as capacity building of staff at different levels of management. The consultant should also have experience working with and advising teams that works across multiple sites and countries.
· Assessment & action planning: Review the MEAL manual& tools and conduct interviews with staff. Work with program and management to identify gaps & priorities in its M & E System.
· Provide updated MEAL policies and tools that takes into consideration the context where we work.
· Provide training and mentoring for program team, and support integration of the developed policies and tools.
Deliverables will be review with the consultant based on suggested approach and again, based on assessment findings. Overall deliverables are:
· Assessment findings & action plan
· Updated MEAL policies and new tools and mechanisms
· Training and mentoring
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· 5-7 years’ experience with M&E processes, systems, and procedures in NGO environment.
· Strong familiarity with remotely work style and multi-country workplaces.
· Ability to deliver training and mentoring online.
· Knowledge of the Syrian context and of Syrian civil society strongly preferred.
· Excellent command of Arabic and outstanding written skills is required.
For a period of four months- starting end February 2020, expected days of work 20 days.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending the following email to email@example.com by the deadline is Feb 20, 2020.
· CV, including full contact information.
· 2-page proposal maximum- outline approach, methodology and plan, including financial proposal.
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted within a period of two weeks after the deadline, apologize for not sending messages to the rest of the applicants.