ACLED is recruiting a full-time Logistics Officer responsible for supporting the Operations team in providing regular administrative support across the organization, facilitating the procurement aspects of operations for ACLED departments, managing day-to-day logistics of the organization, and coordinating virtual and in-person events and team travel. The Logistics Officer should combine a strong background in procurement and contract management, with significant practical events coordination experience. This position reports to the Head of Operations. This position is open to nationals of any country. For more information, please review the Applicant FAQs. Please submit your salary range for consideration.
The Logistics Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Support the Operations department in facilitating the procurement aspects while ensuring effective procurement management, including optimal and cost effective supply of goods and services throughout the organization.
- Receive and implement Procurement Requests from various teams with the approval from Finance and Executive Director.
- Ensure full knowledge of the process for receiving procurement requests, processing and following up on the deliveries.
- Provide procurement training to ACLED staff and ensure regular review of the procurement policy materials.
- Establish and maintain sound working relationships with suppliers and stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with organizational and donor policies.
- In liaison with the supervisor and Program and Finance team, coordinate preparation, evaluation, analysis and approval of bids and tenders.
- In collaboration with Finance, streamline procedures and resolve problems related to procurement processes in their custody, manage procurement software.
- Support with asset management (e.g. software subscriptions, paid newspapers, etc.).
- Ensure that for all procurements, copies of documents are retained and filed.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Logistics and Contract Management:
- Coordinate to all units for timely project implementation.
- Accountable for the compliant processing of all procurement of program supplies, including contract management relating to ongoing projects.
- Study the legalities of contracts and help to negotiate terms and conditions with clients and third parties, to outline terms of service and project deliverables.
- Review the requirements, duties and obligations of the company under contracts to ensure alignment with the organization’s goals and industry regulations.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
- In coordination with Operations and other Teams (Comms, Data Management, Programs, Outreach and Development) coordinate and implement virtual and in-person events, including meetings, webinars, conferences, retreats.
- Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure successful implementation.
- Manage all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes, provide regular updates to the Head Of Operations.
- Maintain event budgets, book venues, photographers, and schedule speakers.
- In cooperation with an external Travel Agency, support the organization with travel requests and arrangements, including flights and hotels booking.
Skills and competencies
ACLED is seeking applicants who have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum two years of experience in procurement, supply chain management, and logistics.
- At least one year of practical experience in virtual and in-person events coordination.
- Experience working with a Travel Management Company (TMC) is a plus.
- A clear understanding of procurement policies, ethics and compliance is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in contract management and negotiations with vendors.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- A degree in International Relations / Politics, International Law / Management or equivalent field.
- Demonstrated attention to details and prioritization skills.
- Written & verbal proficiency in English.
- Excellent computer skills are required, knowledge of G-Suite, MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
- Positive and communicative attitude.
How to apply
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter detailing qualifications and experience to career portal. Further information on the project is available online at acleddata.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are advised to apply early.