Middle East and North Africa Investment Initiative (MENA II),
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI implements USAID’s Middle East & North Africa Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning Support Activity (MENA MELS), which delivers high-quality technical support in monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities for the USAID/Middle East Bureau (MEB), its Operating Units, and implementing partners. Under this Project, USAID has requested MENA MELS to conduct an evaluation of the Middle East and North Africa Investment Initiative (MENA II) – Iraq cooperative agreement. The evaluation will determine the effectiveness of the Iraq MENA II activity using a mixed method approach of qualitative and quantitative data collection.
**Please note: Only Iraqi citizens are eligible for this position
MSI is seeking local experts with knowledge and experience with private sector development in Iraq, especially support for and development of small and medium sized enterprises, to work with an MSI evaluation team to conduct interviews with a wide range of enterprise managers, investment fund managers, banks and other business development specialists. The required data will include key informant interviews and site visits.
The local expert’s main responsibility will be collecting primary and secondary data in Iraq through interviews and site visits. They will also participate (remotely) in a team planning workshop in which the team will plan the assignment, including assembling a complete list of interview subjects. The local expert will also participate in a remote analysis workshop to help the U.S.-based MSI team interpret the data and assist with the analysis. The local expert may also contribute to writing sections of the report. The preliminary timeline for the evaluation includes data collection beginning in February and completed by April. This is a short term position.
- Review relevant background documents provided by the MSI team
- Participate in planning and analysis workshops with the U.S.-based MSI home office team
- Review and provide input on study design including data collection instruments
- Translate instruments into Arabic or other languages as necessary
- Help identify appropriate interview subjects and secondary data sources
- Inform and advise the MSI team on potential challenges surrounding field work activities
- Conduct interviews with a variety of stakeholders and activity beneficiaries
- Record interviews when applicable
- Submit translated detailed notes in English or transcripts and data to the U.S.-based MSI team in a timely manner
- Conduct site visits, as necessary and feasible, to collect data
- Keep a detailed record of all interview participants
- Collect applicable secondary data within Iraq and send it to the U.S.-based MSI team
- Maintain close communication and coordination with the U.S.-based MSI team
- Identify and collect data from local secondary sources
- Provide inputs to the study report as requested by the MSI team
- Participate in a presentation of the study results to USAID stakeholders as requested by the MSI team
- Other tasks as assigned by the MSI team
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required; master’s degree preferred
Minimum five years of relevant SME and/or private sector development experience conducting interviews and site visits to collect primary data
Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the economic growth and small and medium enterprises
Must be able to travel within Iraq
English fluency required
Fluency in Arabic, Kurdish or other dominant local language(s) required
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply: