Global Rights Compliance (GRC) is seeking a full-time legal intern to join its team for the project titled “Strengthening Ukraine’s Capacity to Investigate and Prosecute International Crimes”.
The main goals of the project are to enhance the capacity of the Ukrainian stakeholders to integrate international law standards in efforts to deal with international crimes; and to improve the enabling environment to support the use of international law standards and stakeholder involvement as tools to improve the investigation, prosecution and adjudication of international crimes.
The main responsibilities will include legal research; research into international best practices relating to the investigation and prosecution of international crimes; the drafting of legal memoranda; and providing assistance with the drafting of guides and protocols for a range of criminal justice actors.
Qualifications and Background:
- Demonstrated interest (evidenced through work experience or education) in international human rights, humanitarian and criminal law;
- Good legal research and drafting skills;
- Good knowledge of the international standards of investigation, prosecution and adjudication of international crimes is an asset;
- Written and spoken professional fluency in English is required;
- Interested in working with an international staff of legal professionals;
- Attention to detail and analytical skills.
The job will be remote. GRC is able to provide a monthly stipend of 1,000 EUR.
GRC expects the interns to work for a minimum of three months. The intern will be trained, mentored and supervised by the international staff of Global Rights Compliance.
Global Rights Compliance is an international group of lawyers specialising in international humanitarian law and human rights issues. For more information on GRC, visit www.globalrightscompliance.com.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20 September 2022. Start date is as soon as possible but no later than 1 October 2022.