The Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S)1 in Berlin is seeking a French-speaking consultant to prepare an interim review and final project evaluation of the “Integrity in climate initiatives such as REDD+’ project, as part of its contractual obligation with the donor. The work will take place in March-December 2021 (two work periods).
TI’s overall Climate Finance Integrity programme aims to promote better transparency, accountability, and integrity in decision-making processes and operations of climate financing institutions and mechanisms.
The overall objective of the REDD+IN project is to improve anti-corruption policies and practices in climate initiatives such as REDD+ and the forest sector in Central Africa.
- Provide an objective assessment of the achievements and results, weaknesses and strengths of the project.
- Assessing the progress of the project in terms of its performance along the lines of relevance, outcomes and impacts, effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability.
- Producing a clear diagnosis of the project’s status quo. This should include updating the project logical framework with the data corresponding to the indicators being reviewed. This diagnosis will be used as the baseline for the project’s monitoring in the final stage of the project’s cycle.
- Producing actionable recommendations on how to improve: 1) on the delivery against the projects objectives during the final phase of the project and 2) on monitoring in the final stage of the project’s cycle and suggest data collection tools and approaches that can easily be mainstreamed to realistically sustain an impact-oriented monitoring system.
EXPECTED DELIVERABLES AND TIMELINE
The evaluator or team is expected to deliver:
- A concept note outlining the proposed methodology, timeframe of planned actions including virtual consultations for approval by TI-S
- An interim review to trigger a conversation with TI-S, TI-France and the three-country project partners.
- A draft final evaluation report for review and comments by TI-S including annexes covering conducted interviews, questionnaires, and list of reviewed documents.
- A final review report, including clear lessons-learned and recommendations.
- An executive summary of the final report in English.
All evaluation deliverables are to be submitted in French, except the Executive Summary in English.
The expected deliverables and timelines are set out below but should be agreed during contract discussion:
- Interim report by 31/03/2021
- Final report by December 2021 (Exact date TBC)
- University degree in social sciences or a related area. A post-graduate degree in project management, and/or related fields would be an advantage.
- At least 7 years of proven relevant professional experience in an international development environment, preferably within international of which at least 5 years should be in Monitoring & Evaluation of multiple country projects & programmes.
- Substantial experience in conducting evaluations.
- Expert knowledge of good governance and anti-corruption issues.
- Excellent drafting and report writing capacities.
- Highly motivated and committed to the values of transparency and integrity.
- Regional experience and good understanding of political, socio economic and human rights issues in the region.
- Availability to carry out most of the work in March and again in November/December
- Familiarity with the activities and procedures of TI and TI national chapters.
- Knowledge of climate finance, REDD+ and the forestry sector.
The working language will be English. The report language will be French.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit the following information in English in a single PDF file:
- Curriculum Vitae or Consultancy profiles briefly summarising relevant experience.
- Cover letter describing your motivation and qualifications for the assignment.
- A brief proposal describing how the assignment would be approached, including a description of the methodology to be used as well as a timeline.
- At least one sample of relevant previous work (confidentiality guaranteed).
- A note regarding availability in the stated assignment period (March; Nov-Dec 2021).
REMUNERATION AND COSTS
The Consultants should provide their estimated total fee as a lump sum or as standard daily or hourly rates as gross inclusive of taxes and other charges. The expected number of working days should be around 30-35 days.
Applications should be sent in English by email to Helena Vidalic at email@example.com by close of business of 25/02/2021. Please indicate “REED_EVAL’’ in the subject line of your email application.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more information, please review the Terms of References on our website.