About the role
Crown Agents has been working in South Sudan for a decade, providing high quality healthcare to over 10 million people in 55 counties across 8 states. We support work in 804 health facilities, representing 75% of the total health facility infrastructure in South Sudan. We are currently managing the Health Pooled Fund, leading the delivery of community level, essential primary health care, secondary health care and referral health services, as well as the stabilization of local health systems, and procurement and supply chain management of essential medical commodities.
Contingent to donor funding, the Infrastructure Manager will lead the designing and management of WASH construction activities. S/he will provide expert guidance to both the COP as well as construction subcontractors throughout the life of the project. S/he will be responsible for engaging the private sector and social enterprises to support water system management; supervising (and ensuring compliance of) the project’s day-to-day construction activities; promoting the adoption of key gender and WASH behaviors in the focus counties; and fostering a role for private sector partners in the project’s WASH supply chains, market linkages, and construction. S/he will also lead the design of infrastructure investments that are sensitive to gender roles, which includes finding ways to incorporate input from women, men, youth, children, and vulnerable groups during the design process.
Qualification and Experience Required:
- Holder of a Professional Engineer license (from the United States);
- Bachelor university degree (or higher) in civil engineering;
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience implementing small scale infrastructure development projects;
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing and managing low-cost, context-appropriate WASH infrastructure projects;
- Demonstrated experience finding meaningful roles for civil society organizations and private sector partners, especially as it pertains to WASH construction activity plans and budgets;
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance to project staff and/or construction subcontractors;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required;
- English language fluency (oral and written) is required. Arabic and French language skills are highly preferred; and
- Previous experience in East and/or Sub-Saharan Africa is strongly preferred.
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth.
Crown Agents works with leaders to accelerate self-sufficiency and prosperity by delivering practical innovations in health systems, humanitarian services, economic governance and trade; food security; monitoring, evaluation, and learning; and, procurement advisory services. Working in partnership with governments and development agencies, we offer supply chain, fund management, programme design and evaluation, training, institutional efficiency and revenue generation expertise.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.
How to apply: