Within delegated authority, the ICT Senior Assistant (Cybersecurity Assistant) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Participates and contributes to the Secretariat’s global incident response team.
- Responds to information security incidents and provides assistance during the entire life cycle of the incidents. Analyses root causes of the security incidents and proposes preventive controls and mitigations.
- Coordinates escalation, response, and remediation efforts liaising with local IT focal points and operational teams to ensure timely resolution of security incidents and implementation of the required countermeasures.
- Contributes to and performs digital forensic analyses.
- Creates and improves incident response playbooks, processes, and procedures.
- Performs continuous monitoring and revision of security events.
- Analyses alerts and correlates events from multiple data sources and tools.
- Participates and contributes to threat hunting campaigns proactively searching for anomalies and evidence of compromise across the Secretariat.
- Assists in developing, tuning detection rules and aligning use cases with the business and organizational requirements.
- Contributes to the cyber threat intelligence program through the collection, correlation and analysis of events and threat information from various sources to identify artefacts and patterns of suspicious activities, and methods used by adversaries.
- Tracks and monitors threat actors relevant to the organization.
- Performs research of innovative and effective information security technology solutions, their configuration and integration into the organization’s existing ICT landscape.
- Contributes to the maintenance of internal security tools and related infrastructure.
- Assists in the development and improvement of internal tools, integrations, and automation of processes.
- Contributes to the formulation of the policy and other supporting documents including procedures and guidelines.
- Provides expert advice on the security architecture and configuration of complex ICT solutions.
- Performs other duties as as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
*** FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
* CANDIDATES WITH NO UNITED NATIONS OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY **
- High School/Secondary School Diploma is required;
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree) with 1 year of relevant work experience may be accepted;
- A technical professional diploma in computer science, information security or related field may substitute for some of the required years of experience;
- Certifications in Information Security (such as certifications issued by organizations including ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, and Offensive Security) are an advantage.
- A minimum of five years of experience in information security, network administration, information systems or cloud administration or related field;
- Experience as a SOC analyst and/or demonstrable knowledge in SIEM products and technologies;
- Experience in Cyberthreat Intelligence, Incident Response and Threat Hunting;
- Experience in general-purpose scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash, PowerShell, etc.).
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat;
- For this position, fluency in English (read, write and speak) is required;
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an advantage.
How to apply:
To apply please follow this link: https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=20944#2