The prime purpose of this role will be to enable communities and people in crisis to cover their basic needs, including food, and to strengthen resilience to future crisis. Oxfam believes this can be achieved by facilitating the access of all members of society to financial support (cash), livelihoods, social protection, market, and economic opportunities.
This role will be responsible for scaling up cash and voucher assistance programming, providing technical leadership of vulnerable livelihoods and social protection interventions and ensuring strong and coherent work with existing markets in emergency humanitarian responses.
What we are looking for
- Experience in basic market food security, livelihoods and CVA assessments for example HEA, EFSA, RAM, EMMA, PCMMA and/or similar.
- Experience in design and implementation of cash and voucher assistance (CVA) programmes and EFSVL programmes.
- Management of a budget and ability to monitor programme spend over time.
- A basic understanding of social protection with experience in designing safety nets, working with government on developing social protection systems.
- Experience in CVA delivery mechanisms, particularly Electronic Cash and Voucher.
- Experience in, and demonstrate thinking on, building the resilience of affected populations. Ability to recognise triggers for slow onset emergencies and effectively communicate data and trends to country/regional leadership.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and delivering successful capacity building strategies and coaching teams, including the ability to effectively advise and support field staff and partners, using methods such as mentoring, coaching, shadowing, demonstration, accompaniment, training, written advice, verbal advice, research and development.
- A proven capacity to contribute to multi-disciplinary teams and to work with and influence people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work collaboratively, supportively and respectfully with others in multi-cultural teams and strong networking skills with strong commitment to Oxfam and humanitarian values.
- Knowledge and understanding of global justice, social change, women’s rights and gender equality and commitment to delivering humanitarian work through feminist principles.
- Excellent written and spoken French and English
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.