Founded in 2012, The Syria Justice and Accountability Centre (SJAC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting meaningful justice for Syria that holds perpetrators accountable and addresses the grievances of victims, leading to lasting peace and respect for human rights.
SJAC is a DC-headquartered non-profit organization with staff and consultants of numerous cultural and linguistic backgrounds, working across multiple time zones and in a variety of in-person, hybrid, and remote work arrangements. SJAC is seeking an experienced HR professional to support its executive leadership in advising on HR matters relevant to SJAC policies and operations. SJAC anticipates needing 1-5 hours of support per month, though need will vary. SJAC welcomes applications from individuals as well as organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide ad hoc expertise to SJAC’s Executive Director in maintaining, implementing, and updating SJAC’s HR policies;
- Provide ad hoc expertise to SJAC’s Compliance Officer in implementing HR compliant policy, practice, and procedure;
- Support SJAC’s employee relations, including by receiving and resolving employee problems and disputes on an as-needed basis;
- Consult on issues relating to SJAC’s HR policies and procedures as arise.
- 5+ years’ experience in human resources, business administration, or a related field is required;
- Knowledge and expertise in HR rules and regulations in the United States; experience working with international personnel is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Previous experience working with hybrid and/or international teams (desired);
- Previous experience working with non-profit organizations (desired);
How to apply
How to apply
Please send a resume, cover letter and proposed rate to firstname.lastname@example.org.