Or an Oxfam Location if possible
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term (6.5 Months) – the opportunity for a secondment
INTERNAL JOB GRADE: D2
DEPARTMENT and TEAM
Operations Department, People & Culture Function, HR Operations & Benefits Team
SALARY: Depends on where the secondee will be located
HOURS (FTE): 36 (1 FTE)
We believe flexible working is key to building the Secretariat of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. We think this role would work particularly well as a part-time role or job share.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.
DEPARTMENT PURPOSE: The Operations Departmentprovides efficient, safe operational functions and support grounded in Feminist Principles that enable OIS to play its role in the Confederation effectively and support the confederation to have greater impact through efficient and effective business support functions.
TEAM PURPOSE: The People & Culture function provides HR through leadership, and operational support both across the Confederation, OIS, and countries and regions. The HR Operations & Benefits Team is responsible for providing timely, accurate and efficient first level HR services to key stakeholders including OIS, Regional Platform as needed, Pan Africa Program, and other programs based in Africa (OGB Node, Kenya Country Program, Somali country program).
First level HR services are focused on (but not limited to) HR Operations, contract administration, payroll & benefits management, recruitment support, and basic HR policy advice, and hosting support.
JOB PURPOSE: With a clear focus on customer services, the HR Officer is responsible for providing administrative support and first level HR advice to key stakeholders under the guidance of the HR Operations & Benefits Lead while working closely with a People Partner. This role works with the People & Culture function to administer HR processes and procedures of the employee lifecycle and provides support to People & Culture function when implementing and monitoring HR policies and procedures. The HR Officer will be allocated a key workstream/client group by agreement with the Lead People Team, HR Operations & Benefits Lead, and the Head of International HR Operations.
ROLE REPORTS TO: HR Operations & Benefits Lead
ROLES REPORTING TO THIS POST: N/A
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY : N/A
First level HR Advice
- Act as a key point of information and connection with the People & Culture function contributing to the provision of operational services which enable the delivery of key HR support activities and ensure an effective and efficient service to stakeholders.
- Provide first line, quality HR advice and support to OI managers and OI employees on OIS’ HR policies and employment practices, ensuring all necessary paperwork is completed.
- Some problem solving and use of analytical skills using experience and precedent to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Ensure that HR information and data systems are maintained, ensuring data is accurately stored, maintained and entered into the HR database in a timely and efficient manner.
- Providing quality HR administration support to processes across the employee life cycle
- Provide administrative support across the People & Culture function as required.
- Provide support in the collection of HR data and information required and prepare basic reports.
- Administer recruitment processes, procedures and prepare paperwork for authorization by HR People Partners to include all elements of the Recruitment Toolkit (requisition forms, job offers, JD, etc). Provide support on advertising roles internally and externally.
- Work with recruiting managers providing guidance on aspects of existing OIS recruitment practices and processes (i.e. long/short listing, written tests, bank of questions, interview invitations to candidates, and rejection e-mails).
- Provide support to countries and regions recruitment processes by agreement with the HR Operations & Benefits Lead
Joiners, movers, and Leavers Support
- Support the process of visa management, relocation, and onboarding across client groups
- Provide administrative support for new joiners, movers, and leavers to include contracts and all relevant documentation (offer letters, contracts, secondments, hosting arrangements etc) with support as needed.
- Liaise with other operational functions such as IT and facilities to prepare for new starters or support leavers for relevant departments. Liaise with Finance for any other cost or budget related to training needs, payroll changes, etc.
- Provide support to the onboarding and induction, and exit process
- Ensure compliance on Code of Conduct, Safeguarding and other critical policies, including offering support on reference and background checks, with management of the referencing inbox.
Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Respond to queries regarding payroll and benefits for the allocated client group
- Ensure the timely and accurate information to inform the preparation of payroll
- Preparation of payroll information and liaison with Finance and payroll providers as needed (under the direction of the HR Operations & Benefits Lead)
- Administers the Monthly Payroll – Oxford, Addis, France, Nairobi & Global Payroll (as agreed with the HR Operations & Benefits Lead)
- Administers the monthly Pension submissions (auto-enrolment) ensuring compliance with terms and conditions. (as agreed with the HR Operations & Benefits Lead)
- Administers and provide support on other OI benefits e.g. OI medical insurance
- Participate in limited interviewing panels as required
- Provide support to employee relations cases/issues as required (in collaboration with the People Partner)
- Provide support to project across the People & Culture function as agreed
Most importantly, every individual at Oxfam International Secretariat needs to be able to:
- Live our values of INCLUSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, EMPOWERMENT, COURAGE, SOLIDARITY and EQUALITY (read more about these here)
- Ensure you commit to our ORGANIZATIONAL ATTRIBUTES (including adhering to the Code of Conduct):
1. Be committed to our feminist principles, and to applying them in your day-to-day behaviour and your work. Be ready to keep learning, with accountability to those who experience oppression as a result of their identities, such as their gender, race/ethnicity, disability, class, or LGBTQIA identity.”
2. Be committed to undertaking Oxfam’s safeguarding training and adhering to relevant policies, to ensure all people who come into Oxfam are as safe as possible.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES
- Mutual accountability
- Relationship building
- Previous experience of administering recruitment processes, including posts at Senior Management level (complex and international recruitment experience desirable)
- Ability to construct clear and accurate HR documentation
- Previous experience of using online recruitment sites
- Previous experience of delivering high quality general HR administration (complex and international administration experience)
- IT and numeracy skills, with strong IT skills required if managing/operating computerised HR systems
- Experience of using an HR system (e.g. Cascade/Dynamics)
- Proven ability to adopt a customer service focused mindset and to work well under pressure
- Experience of analysing HR policies and practice and providing first level advice to staff and managers
- Basic understanding of employment legislation
- Interpersonal skills to form effective working relationship with people at all levels
- Professional Qualification in Human Resource Management and/or be a member in good standing of Institute of Human Resources Management Kenya, with valid practicing certificate, as stipulated in the Human Resource Management Professional Act 2012; (for Nairobi location)
- Working knowledge of French, Spanish or Arabic
- Flexibility to work non-standard hours may be required to engage with and support stakeholders across multiple time zones
How to apply
Please click on the link below on how to apply