HQ Talent Acquisition Manager | Business Development and People & Culture Divisions | Remote
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Social Impact strives to be a great place to work. We are proud of our diversity and actively seek to expand it as a way of improving our employees’ experience, our collective professional breadth and the quality of the work we do. We seek to promote equity and inclusion through our policies and practices and build a culture of belonging for everyone where differences and authenticity are honored and embraced. We work hard to create opportunities for growth and ensure that our staff are fulfilled and engaged. We believe we are better when we collaborate, learn from one another and have fun while working hard.
SI is seeking an experienced, full-time HQ Talent Acquisition Manager to lead full-cycle recruitment for SI’s HQ employees both in the United States and internationally. The Manager will report to the Director of Recruitment on day-to-day recruitment efforts, while also partnering with the People & Culture (P&C) team to ensure seamlessness on new hires into SI. The successful candidate will be a proven recruiter who is pro-active, engaging and very organized, as well as one who brings excellent analytical and leadership experience. The Manager should also bring an understanding of employment law, compensation and benefits packages.
Conduct full-cycle recruitment for HQ positions, using SI’s online recruitment system and database, and maintaining communication and relationship management with Hiring Managers (HM), senior leadership, and P&C.
- Lead the kick-off with the Hiring Manager (HM), ensure understanding of the recruitment process and SI’s DEI recruitment best practices.
- Develop job ads and post to traditional and non-traditional/targeted job sites, groups, networks.
- Review applicants and select those for HM’s review. Conduct active sourcing to ensure quality pool of candidates.
- Schedule phone screens and ensure feedback is captured. Advise on a decision as necessary. Conduct designated phone screens with candidates to gauge soft skills.
- Schedule panel interviews and ensure feedback is captured. Advise on a decision as necessary. Participate on panels if needed.
- Collect references ensuring selected references are appropriate, craft tailored reference check questions and conduct reference checks.
- Provide market insight and relevant compensation data to support SI in making an informed hiring decision. Advocate for candidate needs and preferences. Collaborate with HM, P&C, and appropriate DH and/or senior leadership on offer determination. Review the salary data and recommend an offer.
- In communication with P&C, conduct offer and negotiation with candidates.
- Upon acceptance of offers, notify HM and P&C team members and ensure seamless transition for onboarding.
- Promptly notify candidates upon recruitment decisions. Consider candidates for other open positions that they may be a fit for.
- Lead the Diversity Outreach initiative to targeted underrepresented and diverse organizations with the goal to increase diversity in SI’s candidate pool.
- Collaborate on the revision of the Recruitment SOP to ensure DEI recruitment best practices are incorporated appropriately.
- Conduct training on best practices to ensure DEI in recruitment for SI staff.
- Work with senior leadership to define both short and long-term staffing needs. Maintain and build tailored talent pipelines. Creatively source passive candidates and building relationships with candidates in the industry.
- Work with the Director of Recruitment on improvements to the HQ recruitment process as needed, including document storage, templates/forms, feedback gathering, etc.
- Maintain SI HQ job description database.
- With the guidance of the Director of Recruitment and P&C, track relevant HQ recruitment metrics and data, as well as EEO and AAP reports.
- Maintain compliance with EEO and OFCCP regulations, keeping applicant flow data for Affirmative Action Plans.
Collaboration, Outreach, and Training
- Collaborate closely with P&C, meeting regularly with a P&C representative to remain informed on SI benefits and compensation policies.
- Serve as point of contact and maintain external partnerships with SI’s university partners.
- Serve as SI’s representative with candidates. Practice excellent candidate care, ensuring transparency and communication throughout the recruitment process.
- Represent and advocate SI’s recruitment system and database across SI, to both integrate it throughout SI and build it as a recruitment resource.
- Conduct regular HM training, give guidance, and advise SI staff on recruitment processes and procedures.
- Provide guidance to the Recruitment Intern on HQ recruitment tasks.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, with seven years of total experience, including three years conducting full-cycle recruitment.
- Excellent ability to use online Applicant Tracking Platforms such as Taleo, on a daily basis, for recruitment tasks.
- Experience in creative sourcing approaches, especially for diverse/underrepresented candidates. Preference for experience in development of diversity outreach strategies.
- Very strong professionalism and oral and written communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with experience of working with and managing senior managers on their recruitment requirements.
- Capable of independent action and sound judgement.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- A commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive work and learning environment.
- Knowledge of employment laws, OFCCP, and EEO regulations, standard HR practices and procedures strongly preferred.