Seefar is a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us.
Seefar is looking for a part time Graphic Designer (2-3 days per week) The purpose of your role is to deliver high-quality graphic design products. You will work across the Enterprise with our corporate and project teams. You can be based anywhere.
Your duties are as follows:
Develop: Corporate Branding and Graphic Design
- Work with the Programme Engagement Team to manage the visual elements of our branding, including logos, colours and typefaces.
- Maintain the Enterprise Branding Manual and make sure that others within the organisation are following the Branding Manual correctly
- Develop 2-pagers, annual reports, concept notes, research reports and other external-facing communication products upon request
- Collaborate the Programme Engagement Team to visualise and develop the graphical elements of our websites and social media
- Manage the Enterprise’s photography and graphics library
Deliver: Project Implementation
- Work with project teams to prepare their donor-facing publications and reports, for example by supporting them to develop infographics and to lay out data visualisations
- Contribute to project delivery, such as in communications projects or to provide visual elements of training aids used in projects.
- Identify new contractors and lead the recruitment process for hourly graphic designers, video/photographers
- Manage hourly graphic artist contractors as needed, including scope of work, deadlines and benchmarks.
Deliver: Project and App Content Creation
- Coordinating with the content copywriter and project team to decide on which parts of the course require complementary graphic design pieces
- Developing graphic design pieces in different formats that will be compatible with our LMS
- Where necessary, revising written content and making suggestions on which graphic design pieces should be developed to optimise course engagement
Direct: Global Management
- Represent and demonstrate the Enterprise’s values.
- Cooperate with other areas of the Enterprise
- In collaboration with your Supervisor and with your Supervisor’s approval, identify and complete professional development activities, such as training courses.
Working with Seefar
Current and former consultants have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritized over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former consultants have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- Travel schedules can sometimes be heavy.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
An Excellent Candidate
To excel in this role, you will have the following experience and capacities:
- At least five years of experience in graphic design
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Full proficiency in graphic design software (e.g. Photoshop, Indesign) and an ability to edit and produce graphic design content
- Photography and basic video editing skills
- Has knowledge of the web-based design tool Canva
- Is familiar with Google Drive as well as with Google Docs and Slides
- Adheres to the Enterprise’s vision and mission and values
The following aspects are desirable but not essential:
- An interest in apps and content creation for learning purposes
- A knowledge of typesetting Arabic
How to apply
On or before 10 November 2022, complete our online application form. Before you start, you should do the following:
1. Prepare a CV in Word or PDF format. You will upload this in our online application form
2. In Word or PDF format, prepare an introductory letter that includes only the following. You will upload this in our online application form:
- One paragraph explaining your motivation in applying for this role, and how your skills and experience are suited to the role.
- Your portfolio