Location: Remote USA, working with a Development team based in US Eastern time and program teams in GMT
Reports to: Development Manager
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by 2026 and lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro’s founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
myAgro is looking for a collaborative Grants Manager to join our Development team as we scale in the next five years. As a mission-driven professional with development experience, you will be essential to managing our fundraising activities with foundations, corporate partners, government agencies, and other philanthropic institutions. The Grants Manager will be the lead writer on proposals and reports to help us increase our ability to acquire and retain funding partners. You will also conduct donor research and help manage grants – working with the program and finance teams – to ensure compliance with all funder deliverables.
Grant Writing: Collaborate with the program and development staff to develop persuasive funding requests, including concept notes and grant proposals; Work with the program and data teams to develop compelling narrative reports for donors. Work with the finance team for financial reports.
Grants Management: Track current grant cycles and renewal processes and ensure stewardship to guarantee continued funding. Track donor reporting needs, deadlines, and action items.
Research and Strategy: Conduct targeted research to identify new funders (foundations, corporations, institutions, and individuals) and help grow the existing portfolio of funders to ensure that myAgro maintains a diverse portfolio of funders.
Data Integrity: Work with the Development Operations Associate to maintain records of all donor interactions, including grant agreements, deadlines, tasks, donor communications, and other relevant information, are entered into our fundraising database, Raiser’s Edge.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 or more years of grant writing and development experience, with direct experience in developing successful grant proposals and reports, and conducting prospect research.
- Clear ability and cultural sensitivity to understand and explain complex programmatic material in a detailed manner to audiences with different levels of background in these areas.
- Ability to function in a 100% remote role, with team-mates across multiple time zones
- Raiser’s Edge experience is helpful
- French language skills are helpful.
- Experience fundraising for a nonprofit social enterprise or a nonprofit that has a strong earned revenue model.
- Health insurance
- approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year and family leave
- Retirement plan contributions
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Co-working Space stipend
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team. There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.