This role is part of the SWEDO Business Development Group responsible for securing funds
for SWEDO programming in Jordan and Palestine. The consultant is primarily engaged in
identifying new funding opportunities, engaging with potential donors, as well as proposal
writing and development – ensuring integrity of all proposal documentation, preparation and
submission, review of all inputs and coordination, and contributing to SWEDO’s fundraising
meetings and presentations internally and externally with new donors. The consultant will use
the title “Business Development Manager” in communication with new donors.
Position Title: Business Development Manager
Reports To: Deputy Secretary General / Country Director – Jordan
Duration: One year contract
Type of Employment: Part time
Duty Station: Flexible, Home-based with possible travel abroad
Deadline to apply: 10-March-2021
Roles and responsibilities:
- Identify and track relevant funding opportunities – through gathering information from
donor meetings, partner relationships, internet-based research, and other resources.
Communicate with international donors working in SWEDO’s areas of operation;
approach donors who fund projects in Jordan and Palestine for unsolicited interventions.
Represent the organization’s interests at relevant meetings, events and conferences.
Conduct and participate in meetings for designing new projects.
Create the proposal tracking schedule and keep track of proposal progress (technical and business).
Write concept notes, full proposals and other types of applications including budgeting
process, contributing to the needs assessment, documentation process and reporting as well as finalizing applications and registration with prospective donors.
Conduct prospecting visits to SWEDO Country Offices to identify and prepare for
upcoming funding opportunities (based on approval by the Secretary General).
Communicate changes or new information to the supervisor and update SWEDO’s
business development matrix on a weekly basis with new opportunities and ideas.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Interact frequently with team members as resource and/or mentor.
- Understand the organization’s core work and funding goals.
- Work on assignments that are diverse in nature.
- Employee works under general supervision; handles problems and deviations in assignments in accordance with policies and accepted practices; confers with supervisor on unusual matters; some latitude for un-reviewed action or decision; work is reviewed for technical soundness, appropriateness, and conformity to policy and goals.
- Reporting will be sent regularly to the Country Director-Jordan/Deputy Secretary General.
The deliverables and outcomes will be evaluated by the Headquarters, Secretary Generaland deputy, and in coordination with the Country Director.
Bachelor’s Degree or International Equivalent in a Related Field.
Master’s degree preferred
Experience and Languages:
* (+3) experience developing projects and proposals for programming in Jordan and/or Palestine.
Minimum of 3+ years of work experience in a related field.
Knowledge of non-governmental organizations (NGO).
Working language is English. Arabic is a plus.
How to apply:
Interested applicants shall send their most recent CV to email@example.com and
firstname.lastname@example.org . Subject line must be: JOR-BD-VA-2021.
Note: Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements may not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.