To realise the bold ambitions of our new Learning Unlimited. strategy, we want to strengthen our head office team with a Global Proposal & Project Developer. As our new Global Proposal & Project Developer, you lead the formulation of new high-quality projects across our portfolio. You work closely together with our global strategic advisors (education, M&E, research, partnerships) and our grants coordinators at head office, as well as with our country teams. You report to our global director of programmes. On a regular basis, you travel for limited periods of time to support our country teams and to network.
- You design and develop relevant and scalable projects in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, this naturally includes a strong focus on proposal writing.
- You provide both short- and long-term strategic advice, information, and guidance to VVOB and VVOB’s partners on new business development, in line with policy trends, new developments and the latest research, trends and thinking in education and international development.
- You help guide the business development and pro-active marketing of VVOB’s flagships.
- You create and manage partnerships and strong networks with relevant partners, institutions and organisations.
- You contribute to internal and external knowledge development and learning, by systemizing lessons learned on project and business development and sharing lessons learned with colleagues and partners.
Your expertise & experience
- A Master’s or PhD Degree in Education, Human Sciences, or related field; or equivalent by experience;
- At least 5 years’ work experience in business development in education, by preference in an international context; • At least 2 years’ work experience in international cooperation;
- Knowledge of the education sector; teacher & school leader professional development; and capacity development of institutions;
- Experience in formulating high quality concept notes and full proposals for a range of donors/investors;
- Experience in networking and presenting in international meetings and fora;
- Experience with working in a multicultural team;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills;
- English proficiency CEFR Level 1;
- Preferred: work experience in low- and/or middle-income countries.
How to apply
Your motivation letter and a detailed CV are expected no later than September 28th. Please use the webform to apply for this vacancy: https://on.vvob.org/JOB-Global_Proposal_Project_Developer
Shortlisted candidates will take a written test, go through an interview process and an assessment, before a final offer.
VVOB firmly believes that quality education can only be achieved if equity is ensured. Qualities of people prevail, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or disability.