Department: Product and Technology
Location: Remote in GMT time zone or close to it
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
myAgro helps farmers move out of poverty: we do this with a simple approach. We help farmers manage their cash flow better – at harvest time when farmers have more cash, they can lock away their funds for seeds and fertilizer for the next season. They pay using their mobile phone (or mobile money in Tanzania) and myAgro delivers the inputs they’ve paid for before it rains and provides technical training so farmers know how to use the inputs efficiently. This leads to 50% more food and 50% more income per farm. To date myAgro serves 115,000 farmers and will scale to 1 million farmers by 2026. The award-winning team has received recognition from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, Bill Gates and more.
About the Role
You will guide the delivery of myAgro’s products to Field Operations and Programs. You will focus on supporting custom systems, integrations, cloud-based systems, networks, and other technology hardware and software used by office, field, and global staff in the countries we operate in. You will also gather from the users through the support systems, distill, and share user feedback that becomes an essential part of our product development process. You will be a feedback loop between our users and the (mostly remote) product team.
Key responsibilities are:
- Manage the country and global IT team to provide support and troubleshooting on technology related issues.
- Work with other teams within myAgro to understand users, needs, and identify challenges and opportunities where IT can be applied and have a great impact on meeting myAgro’s mission.
- Create IT procedures to ensure we have reliable, scalable, and secure systems and data.
- Oversee the IT helpdesk, providing first and second level response for any technology issues for the entire organization.
- Lead project planning, training, launch, and monitoring for the roll-out of new applications, tools, and systems.
- Work with our Engineering and QA teams to share issue trends, problem areas, and bug reports.
- Share regular written and verbal updates on progress of IT systems, support issues, and any other project work.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5 or more years working in IT field
- Previous team management experience
- Experience with computer systems, networks, mobile devices, and other tech/software products
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- A calm and patient attitude to listen to the problems, perform research in that direction to come up with solutions for the problems.
- Desire to go above and beyond to help users and customers and resolve their issues
- Bonus: French proficiency. Note that the global team primarily works in English
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Paid leave
- Laptop and professional development stipends
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of regular people everyday.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.