As a key member of our Global Logistics team, this role would give you a unique opportunity to help improve into how Medical Teams International operates its current fleet. You will be evaluating Medical Teams fleet portfolio and identifying areas for strategic improvements so that it is fit for purpose. This position will improve the efficiency, effectiveness, safety and performance of our Fleet as a critical enabler to our projects there by saving Medical Teams International critical funds to achieve greater impact for the people of need in the countries where we are working in.
Internally, this role will help support existing country programs and engage across functional and geographical boundaries throughout the organization, engaging a range of stakeholders (Countries and Headquarters). Externally, this role will engage within and outside the sector to further Medical Teams Fleet Management objectives, including INGOs, UN agencies, Suppliers and Private Sector Partners, with both peer level stakeholders and operatives.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
- Working to enable Medical Teams International to have a greater understanding the organizational needs and drivers relevant to Fleet and proactively identify areas of improvement, including identifying and managing a number of initiatives whereby the fleet is refreshed and renewed, and is used in a more efficient and effective manner.
- Advises and gives country office guidance to improve fleet safety standards, including, but not limited thematic areas such as driver selection and training, storage and utilization of spare parts, fleet management by technical and non-technical personnel, fuel monitoring and analysis, preventative maintenance, scheduling, sourcing and asset disposal.
- Establish, implement, and encourage driving improvement initiatives including the design and implementation of driver training and driver recognition programs, including engaging 3rd parties where necessary and appropriate.
- Contribute technical support in the development and roll out of new policy, standards, processes, and tools to improve fleet efficiency and effectiveness, fleet safety and security
- Design and evaluate a gap analysis of the existing fleet management tracking systems (paper/excel or system-based) and providing recommendations for the future of Medical Teams Internationals fleet and identify the most appropriate solution for tracking of vehicles and motorbikes.
- Lead the implementation of a global solution and system(s) for fleet management and tracking, including liaising with suppliers, countries and third parties and support data collection, validation, process change, systems familiarization and administering user account access.
- Collaborate with Global Logistics colleagues to develop appropriate and time-efficient performance measurement metrics and reporting mechanisms for Medical Teams Internationals fleet, actively supporting country management teams and senior management in measuring and analyzing Fleet Performance and costs, identifying organizational risks and areas for improvement.
- Advise and provide contextualized support at different organization levels on identifying how fleet in Country Offices can be most effectively utilized. This will include support the design of multi-year fleet planning and forecasting, preventative maintenance strategies and fuel management plans.
- Provide support and guidance on vehicle related incident reporting, incident investigations, and management responses as required. Undertake incident trend analysis and escalate recommendations for risk reduction strategies/actions. Also working more broadly with key stakeholders on overall fleet safety and security, in particular the Global Safety and Security Advisor.
- Provide internal and external assurance on the compliance of fleet management standards across the organization. Provide quarterly management reports to senior management at different levels of the organization.
- Work with other members of Global Logistics team to manage the critical external supplier relationships for the fleet category.
- Engage with peers and counterparts inside and outside the charity sector where it can bring value to Medical Teams Internationals fleet activities.
- Act as a technical advisor in high value and complex fleet procurement.
- Utilize volunteers whenever possible.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Fleet Management or related field. May substitute for Certification in Humanitarian Logistics or similar, or extensive experience in humanitarian logistics.
- Valid Passport.
- Valid Driver License.
- Qualified Trainer in Fleet Management (e.g., Driving, Technical etc.)
- Relevant qualifications or training courses.
- Previous, relevant experience of managing a diverse global fleet portfolio, or equivalent
- Technical experience of managing a fleet of mixed vehicle types, particular within the sector, across multiple geographic locations.
- Significant experience in the fleet industry / sector, which would ideally include one or more professional qualifications in a relevant field.
- Strong project management experience, including delivery complex projects in cross cultural environments.
- Experience at designing and delivering training for drivers and fleet managers.
- Experience at conducting vehicle incident investigations, analysis and reporting.
- Familiarity with use and management of Vehicle Tracking Systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Core Values.
- Demonstrable understanding of fleet management systems and tracking solutions.
- Knowledge and experience of risk and fraud identification and management, including short- and long-term mitigation strategies relating to fleet management would be an advantage.
- Good negotiating skills to achieve operational outcomes, applying a range of approaches, styles and techniques to achieve desired outcomes.
- Proven people management and interpersonal skills (role model in motivating, developing and supporting others), including performance management and the ability to apply situational leadership and apply coaching methods.
- Effective at communicating (face-to-face and virtually) and collaborating across cultural, geographical and structural boundaries, engaging positively and constructively with colleagues.
- Strong project management and organizational skills; results oriented and comfortable making decisions and taking appropriate risks.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working internal and external relationships and represent Medical Teams International in a professional and competent manner.
- Demonstrable understanding of, and commitment to, humanitarian principles, humanitarian response work and child protection standards.
- Demonstrable understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunities, gender and diversity.
- Skilled with Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Ability to travel internationally (including to the US) up to 50% of the time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and with influencing and negotiation skills to achieve strategic outcomes, comfortable working across geographical, structural and cultural boundaries, applying a breadth of approaches, styles and techniques to achieve desired outcomes.
- Agility and flexibility, comfortable working to multiple deadlines and with changing priorities.
- A good level of self-awareness to enable you to understand, build relationships and engage tactfully and collaboratively across cultures.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to:
- Frequent use of a personal computer, database and digital platforms, and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and computer printer.
- Frequently uses hands, fingers, and arms to reach, handle, touch or feel equipment, medical instruments, materials, computer.
- Frequent communication and exchange of information among colleagues and persons of concern which requires the ability to speak, hear, convey and express oneself.
- Frequent close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally ascends/descends stairs, steps, or ladder.
- Occasionally move about inside an office to access file cabinets, office machinery, meet with colleagues, etc.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Seldom to occasionally positions self to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- If in travel status, occasional to frequent traversing over rough or steep terrain in either a motor vehicle or on foot.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
- The employee may be required to travel to remote areas of the world where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme hot or cold weather, and very basic living conditions.
- Riding in a car for long distances on unpredictable or unknown terrain in various weather climates. This may include underdeveloped local roads or very busy/congested roadways.
How to apply:
Please apply on our website!