About the role
Crown Agents USA is an international development company based in Washington, DC with global expertise in health, humanitarian assistance, stabilization, governance, economic growth, supply chain services, and climate and energy.
We are a subcontractor to Numark Associates in the implementation of the four-year USAID Laos Energy Security project, for which we are seeking to hire a Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) consultant.
About this role: The GESI consultant will collaborate remotely with a local GESI counterpart, contributing best practices to the below mentioned activities.
- Lead the preparation of a GESI analysis of the Laos power sector;
- Lead the preparation of a GESI action plan for the 4-year project, designing practical and actionable interventions to mainstream GESI into project activities; and
- Serve as an advisor for the implementation of the action plan over the duration of the project.
Preparation of the GESI analysis might begin as early as May and be due within 60 days. Upon receipt of feedback from USAID, work on the GESI action plan can begin.
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum mid to senior level with 8+ years’ GESI experience
- Proven track-record of designing and implementing practical and actionable gender analyses and action plans for the power sector
- Advanced university degree in gender or social studies, anthropology, energy, economics, international development or related field
- Strong research capabilities,
- Experience implementing international donor projects, preferably USAID
- Country experience in South East Asia is desirable
- Must be a US national (citizen or permanent resident).
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
Crown Agents is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all candidates at all times as well as a business culture that reflects that belief. Crown Agents will treat everyone equally irrespective of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation, and places an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. Crown Agents shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidates are selected for interview, or in any terms of employment, and will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the role. Crown Agents is committed to being an organisation enhanced by diversity and encourages applications from anyone who shares our values and commitment to improving the lives of communities affected by poverty or conflict.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.