iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
Since 2011, iMMAP has been supporting actors responding to the crisis in Yemen.
Currently, iMMAP provides information management assistance to the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA), cluster/sector leads, NGOs and United Nations agencies. iMMAP’s support includes building the information management capacity of humanitarian actors, the provision of information management tools and digital transformation of complex operational mechanisms.
Description of Duties
As a Software Developer, the Full Stack Developer will be responsible for the management and maintenance of applications developed in Yemen. In addition, He/She will be responsible for designing client- and server-side logic, maintaining and defining the central database, and ensuring high performance and prompt responses to front-end requests. He/She will work under the supervision of the Information System Coordinator.
· Provide business application support, systems analysis and design and programming.
· Perform application development, maintenance, administration of security, information reporting, customer analysis and other duties related to program analysis and development.
· Work closely with other developers, product engineers, and visual designers to build a compelling, responsive, and scalable user experience.
· Build and maintain web applications.
· Review and optimize the app usage by monitoring key metrics and rectifying the issues proactively.[BG1]
· Follow web development industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models.
· Help drive the REST API design, required for integrating the web application with the back end web services.
· Proceed Unit testing, some components may be initially driven using mocked data.
· Participate to working sessions and team meetings to review and familiarize with the data processing and methodology for each indicator.
· Prepare the web application UI prototype, user and functional requirements and the work plan;
· Prepare technical document and summary report including next steps and recommendations;
· Perform other duties as requested
· Advance University Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related disciplines;
EXPERIENCE and SKILL SETS
· 5 years of relevant work experience as a Software Developer, Back-end developer;
· Strong knowledge of Java or Python
· Good working experience on DHIS 2 implementation
· Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) Concepts
· Good understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· Familiarity with different design and architectural patterns
· Experience in working with popular web application frameworks like JavaEE or Spring Framework
· Experience with GitHub or related source code version management systems
· Understanding of building tools like Ant, Maven, Gradle, etc
· Experience with databases such as PostgreSQL
· Experience using REST and web service endpoints to create secure web applications
· Experience writing tests for testing web applications
· Ability to communicate in English;
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/600