Al Sharq Strategic Research is looking for a freelancer that translates (from Arabic to English), edits, and proofreads all research materials and publications produced by the research department, including research papers, articles, and expert briefs.
- Translate and edit Arabic into English.
- Read given material and research IR, Politics, Sociology, Economy related terminology
- Ensure translated and edited content conveys original meaning and tone.
- Cross-reference specialized dictionaries and translation tools to check the quality of translation.
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling, and punctuation accuracy.
- Check original texts or confer with authors to ensure that translations retain the content, meaning, and feeling of the original material
- Check translations of technical terms and terminology to ensure that they are accurate and remain consistent throughout translation revisions.
- Compile terminology and information to be used in translations, including technical terms.
- Proofread, edit, and revise translated materials.
- Read written materials such as research papers, expert briefs, and other materials assigned by the Al Sharq Strategic Research.
- Background in Social Sciences
- Minimum of 2 years work experience as a Translator.
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors
- Good knowledge of content editing tools
- Time-management skills
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV, and samples of your works to: firstname.lastname@example.org