Fixed-term contract – 6 months
Starting date : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in Afghanistan
Our mission in Afghanistan has been open since 1980. PUI is developing its integrated approach in Health, Nutrition, MHPSS and Water-Hygiene-Sanitation. In addition, PUI works on a fixed-site intervention via primary health centers or first aid centers, in support of certain hospitals, or via the deployment of mobile clinics in the most remote areas. Today, the mission consists of 6 main projects, some of which are linked.
What about the Financial Coordinator ?
As Financial Coordinator you will be accountable for the sound financial, accounting and budgetary management of the mission. You will be the financial representative for the mission, both internally and externally (donors, authorities, NGOs, etc.).
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Financial, budgetary and accounting management: You will be responsible for all aspects relating to finance, including budgetary and accounting elements, as well as the mission cash flow.
- Representation: You will represent the association in its relations with partners, authorities and different local players for the financial areas of the mission.
- Coordination: You will centralize and diffuse information within the mission and to headquarters for all financial aspects of the mission, and consolidate the internal and external reporting for these domains.
The challenges that await you :
- Security context that oftentimes interferes with the planning of the work and generates additional challenges;
- Remote work that may weigh down on the quality of output (to a lesser extent now thanks to long months of experience with the coronavirus and security-related restrictions)
What you will need to succeed
- Training : You hold a Master‘s degree in Financial and Accounting management. If you have a technical background in project management, it would be an asset.
- Experience : You are strengthened by minimum 2 years of experience in financial / accounting management. A previous experience abroad in Humanitarian action would be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills : You demonstrate strong writing and financial skills, you have a sound knowledge of institutional donor procedures. Excel has no secret for you, and you ideally master the use of SAGA accounting software.
- Qualities : You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate good team spirit, analytical capability, a sense of responsibility, organisational skills, reactivity, and an ability to adapt. You have a good resistance to pressure and particularly in unstable circumstances.
- Languages : English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Arabic and/or French, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« Congratulations and welcome to the team. We all look forward to greet you in person and have you introduced to specificities of our Mission – what we do and who we are. Lots of good wishes for upcoming months and new assignment »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 200,00 – 2 530,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days every 2 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply:
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.