Purpose of Project and Background
The Global Road Safety Partnership (GRSP) is a hosted programme of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), representing a global partnership between business, civil society and government, dedicated to the sustainable reduction of road trauma. In collaboration with its members, GRSP is a leading contributor to global road safety knowledge, and through a participatory approach in its project work, builds capacity of road safety stakeholders and encourages the adoption of global good practice to address local road safety issues.
Specifics of the Role
The Financial Compliance consultant is a highly technical consultancy position. It will support the Advocacy & Grants Programmes to ensure compliance with donor and IFRC requirements governing the Road Safety Grants Programme and Botnar Child Road Safety Challenge; conduct analysis of individual grants against relevant United States tax and legal codes with regard to the use of grants funds for direct lobbying activities (for the Road Safety Grants Programme); build the capacity of grantee organisations to become healthy and sustainable; and provide on-going reviews and analysis of grant application budgets, grantee financial reports, and other Road Safety Grants Programme and Botnar Child Road Safety Challenge finance-related documents.
· Complete financial due diligence, as per IFRC/GRSP requirements, on all new grantee organisations under the Road Safety Grants Programme and Botnar Child Road Safety Challenge.
· Evaluate and identify lobbying and non-lobbying activities, as defined under United States tax and legal codes, for all new grants under the Road Safety Grants Programme.
· Review and evaluate all budgets and associated financial documents submitted with new grant applications against grant programmatic objectives.
· Review and evaluate all financial reports and associated financial documents submitted by grantees as part of the regular reporting and monitoring structure of the Road Safety Grants Programme and Botnar Child Road Safety Challenge.
· Conduct or assist in on-the-ground grant negotiations and site visits, where requested in conjunction with relevant Advocacy & Grants Programme and Botnar Child Road Safety Challenge staff.
· Provide training and support to Advocacy & Grants Programme and Botnar Child Road Safety Challenge staff on grants financial management, budgeting, and other finance-related issues, at the direction of the Programme Manager.
How to apply:
Note to Applicants:
The Consultant appointed to this role will primarily work from their home location and be called upon to conduct Financial Compliance related work on an as required basis for up to 140 working days each 12 months. At present, due to Covid-19 travel restrictions, travel will not occur as part of this role. However, once travel restrictions end, travel may be required, which could include visits to low- and middle-income countries.
How to apply?
Applications consisting of a cover letter (which includes the expected daily rate of remuneration in Swiss francs) and CV, should be sent to email Atsani.ARIOBOWO@ifrc.org with ‘Financial Compliance Consultant Application’ in the subject line by 17:00 Central European Time (UTC +1) on Friday, 10 December 2021.