The Financial Analyst provides integral financial analysis to organization-wide budgeting processes and financial review inform decision-making. This role will support the annual organizational budgeting processes and prepare value-add financial analysis on revenue forecasts and budget variances. This role will support the organization’s financial document review processes and program finance efforts in support of donor proposal budgeting and financial reporting, adherence to Ipas and donor best practices, donor compliance, and cost recovery. Additionally, this position will develop and maintain responsive financial capacity-strengthening guidance, templates, tools, and training materials. The Analyst will support efforts to ensure various end-users have the tools they need to review and understand the financial condition of awards and will provide insights to help end-users make better business decisions. This role contributes to financial compliance with operational and contractual requirements and reports to the Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Support organization-wide donor budgeting and financial reporting through review of donor financial documents for accuracy, completeness, fee structure, adherence to Ipas and donor best practices, donor compliance, and cost recovery.
- Support global teams with donor proposal budgeting and financial reporting for awards, as requested.
- Create and maintain award budgeting and reporting templates to meet donors’ and Ipas’s evolving needs.
- Support improved organization-wide award administration through identification of needs and the development of responsive financial capacity-strengthening guidance, templates, tools, and training materials.
- Be a key contributor to the annual operating budget process for Ipas by designing and maintaining templates, leading trainings and communicating global guidance, consolidating budgets, providing analysis, and identifying trends.
- Provide strategic thought leadership and expertise to organizational financial management, financial reporting, and cost recovery initiatives.
- Review existing or new financial related business processes and reporting for opportunities to improve/increase efficiency.
- Proactively monitor financials, preparing regular analyses of financial trends to improve overall financial management and cost effectiveness. Promptly identify, provide preliminary analysis of, and escalate financial compliance and ERP issues for resolution.
- Support or oversee the upload and maintenance of donor-approved budgets for projects and awards in Workday.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) with basic knowledge of a specialized field such as accounting, finance, business administration, etc.
- Five years of professional work experience, including at least two in a financial capacity.
- Ability to understand programmatic implications of financial management and to clearly communicate financial knowledge to a range of audiences, including non-Finance staff
- Proven analytical/problem-solving skills with capability to determine solutions to unusual and complex problems
- Proven skills in advanced Excel functions – including the efficient use of pivot tables and advanced charting functions to analyse and visualize financial data
- Master’s degree in Finance or related field
- Proven cross-cultural communication skills
- Substantial experience costing proposals for development partners such as FCDO, UNFPA, and GAC
- Understanding of data exploration, visual analytics concepts, experience with Power BI
- Experience working in the international NGO sector
- Working proficiency in French language
How to apply
*This position may work remotely from any of the following US states: CO, DC, FL, GA, MD, MA, NY, NC, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA.
Additionally, the position may work remotely from any of the following countries outside of the US: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Kenya, Malawi, Mexico, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, South Africa, and Zambia.
Apply online – Ipas Careers (myworkdayjobs.com)