Executive Assistant to General Counsel
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Executive Assistant to General Counsel in Centre -London, UK
We are recruiting for an Executive Assistant to the General Counsel to join us in our central London office.
This is a dynamic role that requires excellent organisational skills, high level planning, administration and co-ordination support to the General Counsel and at times, the rest of the legal team.
The General Counsel and the legal team are a relatively large in-house legal team, which support the SCA/SCI Boards, as well as all SCI country offices, regional offices, functions and teams in a complex international federated movement.
As primarily an assistant to the General Counsel, the successful candidate will promote and facilitate teamwork within the team while contributing to the work of a renowned international NGO that operates in more than 100 countries around the world. This role is demanding and fast-paced, requiring an ability to multi-task effectively, co-ordinate a busy legal team and to give high quality support, including in playing a key role in projects to support the legal team’s success.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous general office administration experience supporting a senior/executive-level leader and/or a very busy team;
- Experience in diary and inbox management for senior executives;
- Experience in supporting various senior stakeholders, gaining trust and confidence;
- Experience coordinating large high-level meetings (in person and virtually) and dealing with complex diary arrangements involving multiple parties in multiple time zones;
- Sound judgement and an ability to effectively prioritise multiple tasks in a constantly changing environment and to work calmly when under pressure to achieve deadlines;
- Ability to adopt a proactive approach to problem solving working closely with both the senior colleagues as required and offering solutions as appropriate;
- Ability to work in a highly confidential environment. In particular, understanding of the need for confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information and correspondence;
- High level of initiative and ability to work autonomously on tasks as required;
- Experience in developing and maintaining efficient filing systems;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong written and oral communication skills and fluency in English;
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a broad range of people at all levels, across different cultures and to act with credibility, discretion, tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to adopt a proactive approach to problem solving;
- Competence in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children.
- Knowledge and understanding of a legal practice and/or experience as a legal secretary;
- Experience in drafting clear and professionally presented legal documents (including correspondence and minutes);
- Experience arranging travel and organising visas;
- Ability to speak other languages, in particular, French, Spanish and/or Arabic
We can offer circa £35,000 per annum with an option of flexible working hours.
Where we Work –Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.