Amongst CARE International’s key imperatives in our mission is putting people it serves first through implementing cutting edge programming in areas it operates. CARE International in Lebanon (CIL), has been mainly responding to the Syria crisis, but now shifting to a new strategic direction. At this stage it is of the utmost importance that we start exploring more effective business models, but also organizational structures that would support our programmatic operations to deliver services to those in need.
CARE International presence in Lebanon stems from 2006, and recently it has been relaunched in 2013 to support Syrian refugees that were displaced in Lebanon from crisis. Over the course of 7 years, it has supported over half a million beneficiaries by providing protection, livelihoods, and through humanitarian programming such as shelter, WASH, and the distribution of food and non-food items.
Currently, CARE International presence is consolidated in the North, and Mount Lebanon. We also have a smaller presence in Tyre, South Lebanon as part of the WASH EC funded Consortium. The main program sectors that CARE Lebanon is working in are; Protection with particular emphasizes on Gender, Economic Empowerment and Humanitarian Response.
CARE Lebanon has scaled up rapidly over the past few years and today it has just about 70 staff members, with about 15 different local/international organization partners. 90% of the team is composed of national staff with a symbolic number of international members.
CARE International in Lebanon is establishing a digital platform which links different humanitarian stakeholders in Lebanon together. Within the scope of this project, CARE is hiring a creative/conceptual English Copywriter to lead on the English digital content of CARE’s LINKs digital platform.
This includes taking the lead on English copywriting and producing top English content including site content, articles, social media content landing pages, newsletters, and letters besides creating straplines, slogans, body copy, jingles and scripts.
Our ideal candidate is a professional, skilled and talented (copy)writer with an amazing sense of synthetization and high creativity, who can grasp project requirements quickly and offer valuable insight.
Deliverables to be completed throughout the consultancy:
- In close coordination with the project team and the communication department create appealing and attractive content for the digital platform. The platform is web-based, and it is available on a mobile application as well.
In coordination with the project team and the communication department prepare newsletter to be sent through the platform to the users.
Create creative and attractive content for social media advertisements.
Any other task that may be required by the project team.
- At least 5-10 years of relevant experience, especially at NGOs, academic organizations, standard-setting bodies, public agencies focused on Content Creation and Copywriting
- Bachelor’s degree in literature, journalism, copywriting or equivalent
- Portfolio of articles, press release, resume, reports, commercial ads,…
- Understanding of digital concepts and IT sector in general
- Experience in writing about digital innovation
- Experience in promoting new ideas or concepts
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Attention to detail
- Time management and organizational skills
- Fluent in English and Arabic (speaking/reading/writing)
- High capacity of synthetizing complex ideas in simple narratives
- High promotion skills Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and organized
- Extensive experience interacting with and relating to humanitarian professionals and international stakeholders
- Previous experience in similar consultancies, preferably in digital platform content management
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the civil society context of Lebanon and the humanitarian sector in general
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong internal relationships and networks.
- Motivated self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative and international environment
How to apply:
PSEA and Child Safeguarding
CARE International in Lebanon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
CARE International in Lebanon and its employees and stakeholders abide by the CARE International Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and Child Safeguarding Policies.
For individual consultants:
Please submit your technical and financial proposal to undertake the above activities by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . The Consultant should submit a detailed proposal with the following components:
a) Technical proposal to include:
- Maximum of six pages outlining the Consultants’ understanding of the TOR and the proposed methodology to conduct the assignment, including techniques and tools to be used;
- Copy of the CV;
- List of previous clients for similar jobs;
- Copy of newly issued judgmental record for nationals;
- Copy of ID or passport
b) Financial proposal detailing the following:
- Itemized consultant’s fees and costs – consultant should indicate professional daily rate or sessions rate including all cost to be invoiced to CARE
- Provide proof of Ministry of Finance of Lebanon registration (Fiscal number)
In case the consultant cannot provide proof of MOF registration, 7.5% will be deducted from the proposed daily rate.
Please take into consideration that under consultancy agreement, CARE will not provide any employees perks and benefits. The proposed daily rate should be inclusive of all cost.