The Emergency Programs Manager position provides hands-on experience and expertise in developing innovative and professional humanitarian responses in natural and man-made emergencies. The Emergency Programs Manager role combines coordination and field experience, aiming towards continuous development and improvement, and will have a key role in facilitating the development at all levels.
Support the liaising and the coordination with other HQ departments and the execution of emergency missions in accordance with IsraAID global strategy, mandate, and directive provided by the Director of emergency programming and Operations.
Proactively support strengthening the professional capacity of the emergency programs per sector through the development of the body of knowledge, SoPs, and training modules alongside the sectoral coordinators as appropriate.
Strengthen emergency response mechanisms and ensure constant improvement of emergency program methodologies (MEAL procedures for emergency missions)
Coordinate and facilitate the development of programmatic tools and protocols in emergency settings, supporting program design implementation, evaluation, and reporting mechanisms in an emergency setting.
Support the execution of emergency responses.
- Deploy to emergency missions as a Head of Mission or other required positions, stand for the HoM during the initial stages of emergency when needed (up to 6 weeks)
- Have a thorough understanding of IsraAID’s mission statement, organizational identity, and theory of change.
- Raise the profile of IsraAID, work, and country missions through active participation in Interaction forums and external events when possible.
- Serve as an advocate for the country’s missions and the organization
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- At least 5 years of experience in program management in the humanitarian setting
- Proven experience leading multi-sectoral emergency missions in a humanitarian setting
- Ability to travel for up to 60% of the time.
- Proven experience in securing funding of over 200,000 USD- advantage
- Ability to work under pressure in rapidly changing environments
- At least 3 years of management experience in small-medium size teams.
- MA in emergency management, Community development, humanitarian law, or related academic fields.
How to apply