MSF is one of the largest independent medical humanitarian organizations in the world, with projects located in 65 countries worldwide. MSF’s work is based on the humanitarian principles of medical ethics; the goal of MSF is to provide emergency care to people who are affected by armed conflicts, epidemics and natural or man-made disasters.
MSF is looking for an Emergency Finance and Accountancy Manager – MSF OCP Emergency Pool.
Coordinating and supervising the accounting of the mission (accounting, treasury, audit procedures, etc.) according to the instructions of the Finance Coordinator, and in compliance with legal obligations and MSF standards and protocols in order to provide quality, reliable and transparent information to the organization on the use and allocation of resources in the mission.
- Being responsible for quality and timely accounting for the whole mission e.g. cash procedures, bank accounts, receipts and supporting documents, electronic data entry, consolidation of overall mission accounting, monthly closing process and documents, ensuring strict respect of deadlines and strict compliance to MSF guidelines, financial standards and procedures.
- Coordinating and overseeing the monthly and yearly closing of accounts and balance sheet, and reporting the mission’s accounting statement through monthly and weekly reports, in order to verify the evolution of project finances and provide information about them.
- Being responsible for the financial management of donor contracts e.g. preparing and verifying the financial reports to donors, following up and analysing the need for amendments. Ensuring reporting conditions are met and stakeholders in the mission are informed of their responsibilities (for example, logistics for stock inventory, quotes).
- Coordinating and overseeing the payment of tax liabilities in order to comply with legal obligations.
- Coordinating and supervising the conduct of local audits relating to accounting, tax, labour, stock and asset management.
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve people’s capabilities.
- Is the technical reference for any accounting-related issue including compliance with MSF financial standards and procedures, legal compliance, training and support on the MSF accounting software / system.
- When required, briefing all staff involved, on specific accountancy management (Mission Coordination Team, Administration Managers, Logistics Managers, etc.).
Experience and Education:
- Essential solid accountancy training and experience-professional accounting qualification.
- Desirable University degree in accounting, finance or business administration.
- Mandatory 2 years’ professional experience in accounting.
- Mandatory 2 years’ experience with MSF or other international NGOs.
Important : applications that do not meet the criteria will not be considered.
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- People Management and Development
- Behavioural flexibility
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- High workload absorption
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Desirable MSF accounting software, ERP system knowledge
Languages: Good working knowledge in French (B2 minimum) and English (B2 minimum).
- Field contract.
- Fixed-term and full-time contract (12 months, 100%) with possible extension.
- Gross monthly salary: according to MSF salary grid.
- Specific Emergency package including completion bonus and extra paid leaves.
- Social Benefits: health insurance and living costs in the countries of intervention and in HQ, paid according to internal regulations.
Ideal starting date: 1st quarter 2024
How to apply
Kindly send your application (cover letter & resume) online on:
Deadline for application is 05/12/2023
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.