- Department: Education
- Area: Education
- Location: Remote (Availability during the working hours of Europe / Africa preferred)
- Supervisor: Education Director
- Contract: Fixed term (6 months, with possibility of extension)
- Status: Full-Time
- Compensation: Based on experience.
Contract Terms & Salary compensations will vary and be defined on the basis of local employment rates in accordance with the position grade and experience.
Still I Rise is an international NGO which develops humanitarian projects aiming at providing education and support to refugee children and youth. It is currently seeking an Education Manager. The selected person will be responsible for supporting the Education Director in implementing the organization’s educational strategy and managing and supervising emergency and international school management staff.
- Support the Education Director in the implementation and evolution of the educational strategy for SIR;
- Oversee the educational development of the programs in pursuit of the organizational mission and goals of each program;
- Take on increasing managerial and technical education-oriented responsibilities for two of our sites in Africa: an international school in Kenya and an informal school in the DRC;
- Provide guidance and expertise which will contribute to the Kenyan team’s principal goal of reaching International Baccalaureate Standards and becoming authorized as a Middle Years Program school;
- If not already possessed, study and network to gain the knowledge and deep understanding of International Baccalaureate required of the role;
- Mentor and supervise a small team of Education Officers/School Principals, supporting their professional growth and increasing their performance capacity with the aim to empower them to run their programs as self-autonomously as feasible;
- Ensure the on-site education teams are well-managed and supported, as well as activities implemented and run following the organization’s vision and guidelines;
- Track performance and deliverables, providing feedback and assessments based on the program goals and the educational strategy of SIR;
- Regularly meet virtually with site personnel to discuss developments and educational strategies and activities;
- Write up progress reports for internal staff as necessary;
- Monitor weekly and monthly quantitative and qualitative data;
- Assist with hiring of education department personnel;
- Alongside the Professional Development Specialist, help design, coordinate and implement training at all stages of a teacher’s journey through their Professional Pathway.
- Professional experience in a variety of educational settings, including international schools;
- Professional experience in international development contexts in both field and HQ positions;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and professionally develop people in the Education sector;
- Demonstrated ability to pursue multiple goals in a complex environment, developing processes and practices which will achieve those goals, and bringing others on board in the endeavor;
- Commitment to the cause of empowering site staff to take effective and sustained ownership of their programs;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an international network of remote staff.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with the International Baccalaureate system. (Candidates with experience in the IB authorization and/or validation process will possess a considerable advantage);
- Working verbal and written proficiency in French;
- Master’s Degree in education, development or related field;
- Courses or certifications in school administration or project management;
- Availability during the working hours of Europe and Africa.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, including a copy of their CV, Cover Letter, and a written authorization to personal data processing, by sending an email, indicating in the subject “***Education Manager***”, to the address:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in Still I Rise.