Education Data and System Strengthening Specialist- Latin America and the Caribbean Region (LAC)
EnCompass LLC is seeking an Education Data and Systems Strengthening Specialist – Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) to support an anticipated United States Agency for International Development (USAID) project focused on strengthening the quality of education sector data and evidence produced at the local/national, regional, and global levels as well as the flow of quality data and evidence between different levels. This position may be either be engaged as a short-term or long-term consultancy and informed by client requirements.
TheEducation Data and Systems Strengthening Specialist – LAC will work to strengthen and link local/national and regional networks in LAC producing education sector data and evidence, support knowledge sharing and dissemination activities among these networks and levels, and facilitate effective and equitable partnerships with LAC local and regional actors to advance education sector outcomes.
The Education Data and Systems Strengthening Specialist – LACwill bring experience working in international development and the education sector, particularly in the LAC region, with knowledge and experience in data and analytics, knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation, and systems strengthening approaches for sustainable development outcomes.
Assignments may require travel within the LAC region. Candidates from the LAC region encouraged to apply.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and support implementation of activities that deepen local engagement in the generation, use and dissemination of education sector data
- Develop and maintain a database of LAC education sector partners, including local companies, NGOs, and local consultants that can be leveraged to deepen locally-led education sector data and evidence generation, use and learning
- Facilitate the dissemination of USAID-produced data and evidence among local and/or regional networks of education sector and research specialists
- Support efforts to strengthen and connect local/national and regional stakeholders in support of education sector evidence and learning and knowledge exchange
- Serve as a resource for local organizations in LAC interested in building relationships with USAID and its partners in support of sustainable education outcomes
- Support the design and implementation of approaches to help build capacities of local/national and regional partners interested in engaging with USAID on education sector activities focused on data and evidence generation, use and dissemination
- Liaise with stakeholders involved in supporting locally-led development systems practice (e.g., Localization Communities of Practice) and keep abreast of the latest USAID localization developments and lessons learned
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) and eight years of experience, Master’s Degree (MA/MS) and six years of experience, or Doctorate (PhD) and four years of experience in international development
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of five years of experience working in the education sector supporting the implementation of donor-funded projects, including with USAID, UN agencies, foundations, and private sector clients in the LAC region
- Strong presentation/facilitation skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building partnerships and networking, and connecting diverse sets of stakeholders around shared interests for learning and knowledge sharing
- Experience implementing activities that have disseminated evidence and/or research in support of sustainable education sector outcomes
- Strong ability to develop work plans with clear objectives and benchmarks, and an ability to adapt to rapidly changing program priorities.
- Strong capacity to work effectively in multi-cultural environments, applying strengths-based approaches for collaboration and partnership
- Working proficiency in English required; working proficiency in Spanish required
- Experience providing technical assistance in or implementing systems strengthening, monitoring and evaluation, strategic communications, capacity strengthening, or knowledge management activities to advance educator sector outcomes strongly desired
- Experience designing and facilitating in-person and virtual interactive meetings and learning forums with diverse stakeholders preferred
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
If you require accommodations in line with the Americans with Disabilities Act to complete your application, please call 301-287-8700, provide your contact information and a description of your accessibility issue. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case-basis, and we will call you back within approximately 3 business days.
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal & EEO is the Law Supplement, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
How to apply
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter and complete the application: