FHI 360 is a nonprofit international development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated and locally driven solutions. Our staff includes a diverse group of experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, disability, research, communication and technology. Headquartered in Durham, North Carolina, FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories. FHI 360’s work is grounded in research and by advancing science, strengthened by partnerships, and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
Scope of Work
FHI 360’s Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO) seeks an editor who will provide proofreading, copy-editing, and technical editing services. The editor will review, revise, and refine, as necessary, written materials, such as programmatic reports, success stories, press releases, and proposals. In addition, the Editor will be responsible for ensuring programmatic reports and other deliverables are free of grammar, punctuation, formatting, and spelling errors and conform to FHI 360’s writing style guidance. He/she will also ensure consistency, accuracy, and clarity of written products in compliance with USAID and/or other donor requirements. As required, the Editor will create tables of contents and acronym pages as well as format text in Microsoft Word for final publication.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of USAID and other international development donor terminology and language pertaining to public health, nutrition, education, gender, and economic and social development programs.
Period of performance is expected to be up to 24 months, with an option to extend one or two additional years depending on performance.
The expected level of effort for this engagement will vary based on ongoing needs. Consultant(s) time requirements may require 80% to 100% level of effort in a given week.
Location of Work: Working remotely or Bangkok, Thailand
Travel: Not anticipated
Timetable and Address for Submission
There is no due date for proposals. FHI 360 will consider applications on a rolling basis and may close this solicitation at any time once the consultant positions are filled. Required documentation listed below must be e-mailed to HR.Thailand@fhi360.org
Desired Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, social sciences or a related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional writing, copyediting or editorial experience.
- Outstanding attention to detail and exceptional proofreading skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex information into clear and easily understandable language, varying writing style to meet the needs of a given audience.
- English fluency (reading and writing) required.
- Excellent Microsoft Word skills, with the ability to create and edit page and section breaks, automated table of contents, captions, cross-reference tables, and footnotes, among others.
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and conflicting schedules in a professional manner. Must be flexible and able to work on weekends to meet deliverable deadlines, as required.
- Knowledge of USAID and other international development donor terminology.
FHI 360 is committed to creating an equitable, diverse, and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 strongly encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply, including across the spectrum of sex, age, gender identity, disability, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law. FHI 360 also aims to meet any reasonable accommodations that an applicant requires.
Evaluation Criteria: Proposals will be evaluated in accordance with the following criteria:
Quality of service and timeliness/responsiveness based on prior work references and CV
30 (max points)
Quality of past deliverables based on writing samples and references
35 (max points)
Daily rate in USD
35 (max points)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Qualified candidates may also be asked to complete an editing test.
How to apply
Submit required Documentation: Proposals must include the following components:
- Applicant’s CV
- Cover letter outlining experience
- Proposed daily rate
- Writing samples (please submit up to 3 writing samples of no more than 10 pages each; excerpts are acceptable)
- 2 references, including contact information
Submit all of the above documents to HR.Thailand@fhi360.org in MS Word / pdf format. Please put “Editor – Asia Pacific Regional Office APRO_012023” in the email subject line. Pricing should be provided in Excel format unless otherwise specified.