Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Economic Development Policy Specialist, Eastern and Southern Caribbean
ACDI/VOCA is seeking an Economic Development Policy Specialist for an anticipated economic development program in the Eastern and Southern Caribbean funded by USAID.
The Economic Development Policy Specialist will prepare reports and organize presentations to arrive at actionable recommendations and process for negotiations with partner country governments and regional economic communities. The program is anticipated to start in 2022. This position could be based in Barbados or other countries within the geographic focus.
- Develop partnerships with local governments, private sector, and industry organizations to improve the environment and address policy bottlenecks to market systems development, including tax levies, grades and standards, and the high cost of transporting produce
- Liaise with partner country governments, regional economic communities, and industry associations to identify targeted legislative and regulatory reform and expansion of public and private dialogue
- Build industry association capacity in research and analysis, outreach to new and existing members, and formulation of a cohesive policy agenda
- Liaise with associations to develop strong communications strategies that educate public and private audiences about the risks, benefits, impacts, and political and investment feasibility of key legal and regulatory issues in Caribbean’s agricultural industry
- Develop institutional capacity of associations in the areas of governance, membership services, development and fundraising, and management, focusing on sustainability and based on a collaborative strategic planning process
- Use a market led, facilitative approach to identify and remedy enabling environment barriers to agricultural trade
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, agribusiness, or relevant field is required; master’s degree is desired.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a mix of value chain competitiveness, investment promotion, or agriculture development and policy advise.
- Extensive experience in planning and implementing technical assistance for policy reform and institutional capacity building is required.
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID and/or other international Donor programs’ rules and regulations.
- Experience working in Eastern and Southern Caribbean preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
Eastern and Southern Caribbean nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.