Tetra Tech International Development (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Director of Administration and Finance position on a USAID-funded program the Pacific Islands.
Position Description/Summary: The goal of the Pacific Islands Regional Climate Finance Activity to improve adaptation and mitigation ability for regional bodies and national governments in the 12 countries of the Pacific Islands where USAID works (i.e., the Federated States of Micronesia [FSM], Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Republic of the Marshall Islands [RMI], Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu) by a) mobilizing climate finance and b) improved climate finance management. The Director of Administration and Finance is responsible for the project’s administrative operations including finance, human resource management, contract/grants compliance, procurement and office administration while ensuring compliance with USAID, local laws, and Tetra Tech rules and regulations. The potential full-time position will be based in Suva, Fiji for the full life of project (anticipated five years).
* Provide guidance to all staff for complying with the budgetary regulations of Tetra Tech and USAID;
* Financial management including managing cash flow, tracking expenditures and preparing monthly financial reports in compliance with USAID and Tetra Tech requirements and regulations;
* Provide financial and budgetary information to the Tetra Tech Home Office for USAID as needed;
* Provide guidance and leadership for project compliance efforts including audit preparations;
* Oversee project procurement processes for goods and services, including drafting requests, analyzing proposals, drafting contracts, negotiating contracts and prices, reviewing contractual deliverables for quality and preparing the required documentation;
* Manage human resources records for each employee including employment contracts, employment evaluation forms and annual leave;
* Manage confidential payment of monthly payroll and orders payments of income tax, pension health and unemployment benefits to government funds.
* Participate in project grants-under-contract (GUC) processes as requested, including GUC design, award, implementation and closeout;
* Supervise project administration and finance team members.
* Bachelor’s degree or in business administration, finance, accounting, or other relevant discipline is required.
* At least seven (7) years of experience providing administrative leadership and oversight to all aspects of development project operations – grants management experience highly desirable.
* Work experience providing contractual and financial oversight to USAID-funded projects of similar size and complexity.
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
* Detail oriented, and ability to prioritize tasks and support program implementation while ensuring adherence to required policies and protocols.
* Accounting/audit certifications highly preferred;
* Familiarity with grants-under-contract within a USAID project context is preferred;
* Advanced Excel skills and experience with Quickbooks required;
* Professional fluency (written, oral) in English required.
* Candidates (nationals) from the Pacific Islands are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/DAFPacificIslands
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.