This position will provide executive-level guidance for Humentum’s support of locally-led development within our strategy, initiatives and operations. Additionally, the Director, Locally Led Development will lead Humentum’s cloud-based platform (CBP) initiative, designed to create a purpose-built digital-first platform providing improved access and functionality to meet the operating model needs of national NGOs. The incumbent will be part of the Senior Leadership Team that together provide overall leadership for Humentum. This will be a flexible FTE role, between 60-100% is acceptable
Provide executive-level guidance for Humentum’s support of locally-led development (30%)
· Collaborate closely with the other members of Humentum’s SLT and the Board to ensure the contribution, alignment and viability of Humentum’s locally-led development approach within the strategy.
· Work with the SLT, the Directors of Humentum’s business pillars (Community, Learning, Solutions, and Influence) and other Humentum staff to analyze the key operational policy and standards, issues and trends that impact NNGOs.
· Collaborate closely with Humentum business pillars to support the creation and tailoring of products and services specifically meeting the needs of NNGOs.
· Build relationships with individual NNGOs and related networks to strengthen Humentum’s presence in the sector and improve the alignment of Humentum products and services with the NNGO market.
· Regularly contribute thought leadership on locally-led development in writing and by presenting at conferences and events.
· Advise and provide regular input to the Humentum senior leadership team to for the appropriate locally-led vision, mission, and strategy
Lead development of Humentum’s cloud-based platform(CBP) initiative (60%)
· Lead development of the CBP concept from design to execution including coordination and oversight of CBP project team (internal and external contributors); collection and integration of stakeholder input; iterative testing of concept versions.
· Supervise fundraising efforts for the CBP initiative including contributing to identification and nurturing of potential donor leads.
· Collaborate with SLT and business pillar leads to ensure cross-fertilization contributing to CBP platform alignment and success.
Requirements for the role:
Qualifications and experience
· Professional qualification relevant to Humentum’s core capabilities
· Deep understanding of the development and humanitarian sector, its key actors, and overall dynamics
· Extensive senior management experience with an emphasis on entrepreneurial leadership and initiatives
· Experience leading innovation and or human-centered design approaches in the social sector
· Proven success managing large and complex organizational development projects in the development or humanitarian sector
· Experience with leading global teams
Skills and Attributes
· Customer-driven and results-oriented
· Highly effective leader in growth settings
· Strong visioning, strategic planning, and analytical skills
· Ability to manage significant budgets
· A strong systems thinker with the ability to lead projects from start to finish, including ongoing analysis of impact and results
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills including public speaking and presentation
· Excellent relationship building skills with a diverse range of stakeholders
· Effective use of social media for building networks and influence
Job Related Information
This position is a remote, home-based position that works as part of a wider remote, global team. You will need to work independently and as well as part of the team to achieve team-based targets. You must possess both the ability and environment to work virtually: reliable connection to high speed internet, appropriate environment for leading and participating in virtual meetings with enabled video.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Humentum is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation for this role is as set out in Humentum’s Total Rewards policy. The role is grade C. The starting salary will be set at step 1 of the grade, paid either on the US scale for US-based staff or global scale for all other locations. As the role is part-time, the salary will be pro-rated accordingly. More details are found here
How to apply:
Please submit a formal CV and Cover Letter here: https://jobs.humentum.org/jobs/director-locally-led-development-in-nationwide-gb/