Purpose and Function of position
The function of Programme Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (DMEAL) is core technical function in all ForAfrika Programs. The function supports the systematic design, tracking, capturing, analysing and conveying data on what is working or not working well in the organization’s planned programme results applying ForAfrika’s Programming Framework including its Programme Results Framework.
The DMEAL function contributes towards evidence-based programming and will support the systematic design, planning/tracking and review of progress/performance against the set programme targets/indicators results and impact of all ForAfrika programmes. The DMEAL Director will have the oversight of all ForAfrika programme design and assessment processes ensuring these are aligned with and in compliance with the expected programme policies and expected results. The DMEAL Director will be responsible for developing the M&E Tools, Programme Baselines, Targets and Indicators that are technically sound; have adequate data collection systems and practices. The Director will prepare overall organizational programme assessment plans for all key programme components and ensure the ForAfrika programmes generate lessons and learning from their evaluation findings which will be analytically documented and disseminated to all stakeholders as well as informing other ForAfrika programmes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Overall Leadership and Management
- Provide technical Leadership to all ForAfrika programme teams in the establishment of programme quality assurance and evidence-based programming system throughout the Programme Cycle (Design, Implementation and Evaluation).
- Lead the refinement of ForAfrika’s Monitoring and Evaluation Strategic Framework in line with its Theory of Change and Programming Framework to ensure the strategic delivery of the organization’s evidence=based programme results.
- Provide technical support to the ForAfrika’s Country Office programme teams in the development of their Results Framework/Logical Frameworks in line with the organization’s Theory of Change
- Provide leadership in ensuring that the organization’s M&E Framework and Strategy meets the SPHERE as well as the SDGs results standards.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the organization’s programme information management system (IMS).
Management of Evidence-Based Programming
- Develop M&E Tools and ensure that the programme teams in all ForAfrika Country Offices are well capacitated to use the tools
- Develop M&E SOPs/Guidelines and train the ForAfrika field-based M&E Officers in their use.
- Develop and ensure that programme quality assurance plans are effectively implemented.
- Undertake assessment of ForAfrika Field based M&E Officers M&E needs and undertake their training and on-going capacity building in all components of M&E.
- Develop Tools for effective programme data collection, storage, analysis and use of the data in managing all ForAfrika country programmes taking into account the need for community friendly tools and methods.
- Participate in the review of Programme Proposals to ensure they meet the required evaluation standards including the setting of programme targets and indicators.
- Support the design and establishment of country programme Needs Assessments/Baselines/impact assessment (Evaluation) and self-evaluation exercises.
- Develop in close consultation with the Programme Managers undertake regular internal programme performance reviews and assessments of country programmes in line with programme proposals and donor agreements.
- Ensure that sector specific targets and indicators are adequately designed for the respective sector programmes including the ForAfrika cross-cutting themes (gender/protection/disability/environment)
- Prepare programme evaluation reports/briefs and disseminate internally to all stakeholders.
Research, Knowledge Generation and Management
- In consultation with ForAfrika Programme Division, identify research institutions/platforms with which ForAfrika should engage/develop strategic partnerships taking into account the organization’s Theory of Change and Programming Framework.
- Design and oversee the implementation of research activities in the programming areas of ForAfrika’s work in close collaboration with the Programme Division, Programme Managers and M&E Officers at country level.
- Conduct evaluation studies to generate specific evidence-based case studies that can inform policy lending programming knowledge and knowledge-based products.
- Establish and lead an M&E Community of Practice for ForAfrika.
- Based on evidence from evaluation findings, document sector and other thematic evaluation Briefs/Synthesis/Periodic Papers/Publications for use in furthering learning and policy related advocacy.
- Contribute towards the effective equipping of ForAfrika as a Center of Excellence based on its evidence-based results.
- 7 years’ experience as an M&E Specialist
- Extensive hands-on field experience in designing and executing community development programmes evaluations including in Health and Nutrition/WASH/Food Security and Livelihoods/Education/Economic Empowerment
- Proven with key evaluation concepts/systems/methodologies/Tools and software
- Demonstrable analytical capacity and results oriented
- Knowledge in developing data/information systems
- Experience is desirable in working with UN system, Government, Donor funds (WFP,UNICEF, UN Women, FAO, USAID etc.)
- Proven knowledge of the Humanitarian work space/mechanisms —CLUSTER system, monitoring and evaluation coordination mechanisms within the humanitarian space
- Team work, communication and report writing skills
- Capacity and willingness to be flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances
- Multi-country experience; Proactivity in innovation and problem-solving are added advantage
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written. Working knowledge of Portuguese and French is an added advantage
- Masters’ Degree in any of the following: social sciences; Development Economics, Public Policy,
- Minimum 7 years of experience in humanitarian program evaluation within humanitarian and sustainable community development
- M&E Software/IT packages
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
- All interested candidates should send their CVs’ to the following email address: email@example.com
- Closing Date: 24th January 2023
- Disclaimer: Candidates who do not meet the minimum criteria will not be shortlisted.