Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 10 Feb 2021
Digitization Team Leader
USAID/Armenia Support Initiative
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Armenia Support Initiative (ASI) seeks to support the Armenian government’s technical and operational capacities at the national, regional and local levels and thematically fell into areas such as E-Governance, Strategic Communications, and Anti-Corruption. ASI is in need of an experienced professional able to lead the overall strategy and project implementation plans of a team of experts hired to assist the Deputy Prime Minister’s Office, as described below.
****Please note: Only Armenian citizens are eligible for this position.
The Digitization Team Leader will work in close cooperation with the Deputy Prime Minister’s Office and lead the Digitalization team of experts and assist the Deputy Prime Minister Office in the areas of and projects related to E-governance and digitization, support the Digitization Board and Digitization Working Group. The Digitalization team leader will closely work with the Deputy Prime Minister adviser responsible for the Armenia Public Administration Reform in order to ensure the E-gov and digitalization plans are fully aligned with the strategic priorities and the operational scope of the PAR strategy.
This is a short-term position with a period of performance of up to 190 working days in the period of approximately 02/01/2021 to 11/30/2021. This position is expected to work 5 days per week.
- Manage and lead a team of experts in the field of E-governance and digitization under the Deputy Prime Minister as the CIO
- Define the scope of activities of the Digitalization team
- Determine the work plan of the team
- Supervise the daily operations and tasks of the team
- Administer and oversee the current operational status of projects assigned to the team
- Assist the Deputy Prime Minister within the scope of the Digitalization Board and Digitization Working Group
- Participate in sessions and meetings of the Digitalization Board and Digitization Working Group if needed
- Cooperate closely with the Deputy Prime Minister’s office within the Armenia Public Administration Reforms to ensure the alignment of the scope of work with the strategic priorities and the operational scope of the PAR strategy
- Manage the team to assist the Deputy Prime Minister’s office during the development and implementation of the Service Delivery pillar of Armenia Public Administration Reform Strategy
- Participate in meetings and consultations regarding E-governance and Digitalization as needed
- Develop and manage the implementation of the training program for the Information Officers and relevant staff of ministries, as requested by DPM, Digitization Board, or the GoAM
- Report on the performance of the team to management on the following:
- Monthly reports on the overall state of public administration and e-governance reforms
- Monthly meeting tracker with summary of key activities and recommendations as a report annex
- Feedback regarding the work of the team of experts hired by ASI and digitization/e-governance projects supported by ASI
- One-page concept notes from brainstorming sessions outlining potential online platforms for citizen engagement, access to government services, and communications as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Master of Business Administration or higher degree in public management/administration, law or related fields required
- A minimum ten years’ experience in governance and management, institutional development and/or capacity building programs required
- Previous experience in large-scale reform implementation in public or private sector required
- Strong knowledge of civil service system and governance system of the RA required
- Proven experience managing systemic reform programs required
- Proven experience as a team leader or supervisor required
- Flexibility, ability to work under pressure required
- Analytical thinking and a strong commitment to duties required
- Strong organizational and time management skills required
- Strong computer literacy required
- Previous experience with international organizations is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Armenian and English languages required
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates
How to apply: