Terms of Reference: Digital Platform Strategic Communications and Content Consultancy -Safeguarding Resource and Support Hub
The Safeguarding Resource and Support Hub (RSH) aims to support organisations in the aid sector to strengthen their safeguarding policy and practice against Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Sexual Harassment (SEAH).
The Hub is an open-access platform bringing together relevant guidance, tools and research, and signposting quality-assured safeguarding support. It creates opportunities for meaningful engagement through Communities of Practice, discussion forums and live events.
The RSH is being developed and operated by a consortium, which includes Options, Social Development Direct, Sightsavers, GCPS and Terre des hommes.
Terre des hommes is responsible for the development of the Online Hub, strategic communications around the platform and for the curation of content as well as the coordination and implementation of live events like webinars and the recording of podcasts.
Tdh is seeking an experienced consultant in digital strategic communications and content management and social media campaigns for non-profit messages.
This is a three-month home-based consultancy with Tdh, with the following responsibilities:
- Act as the online platform publications’ editorial leader with responsibility to:
a. Manage, oversee, and facilitate the effective uploading, tagging and formatting of content for the platform directly and including from partners
b. Digital media creation of easy-to-read, user friendly and accessible materials, guidance and information (infographics, videos, etc)– in full cooperation with team members. All materials need to be fully accessible for people with disabilities
c. Responsible for multichannel communication of safeguarding content
- In collaboration with other consortium members from across the programme, oversee the development of a digital communication strategy for the RSH online digital platform to maximise the global reach of the programme, for example in remote or high-risk areas at particularly high risk of SEAH. including strategies for:
a. Digital communications and marketing
b. Social media management
c. User outreach, retention and active engagement,
d. Support to national teams with their own communication activities
e. Support teams to increase engagement of users through management of online discussion fora
Participate in core team and the primary product group meetings
Leverage best practice from the Terre des hommes-managed ChildHub portal to identify creative uses of digital and online technologies to facilitate development and convening of online communities of practice / networks
Use the learning from user engagement and country assessments to continuously inform and suggest improvements to the Online Hub and its marketing strategies
Support the RSH team to identify and implement creative uses of digital technologies to enhance the learning and capacity development experiences of organisations and individuals engaging with the RSH, including overseeing delivery of webinars
Manage the relationship with the existing online learning platform provider to ensure good quality provision and maximum functionality
Support development of a business plan to ensure the ongoing financial viability and sustainability of the Digital Platform. This will include identifying and reviewing options to generate income
Education and Qualifications
Educated to degree level / post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline such as Journalism, Digital Communications, International Development or related or Communications
Abilities and Skills
· Native speaker or high proficiency in English, including writing copy
· Significant experience in successfully managing digital / online communication projects
· Ability to use Adobe Suites (in particular Photoshop, Indesign) and video editing
· Demonstrated experience in producing high quality digital communication products
· Ability to manage technical partners/consultants
· Excellent organizational and stakeholder management skills
· Team player with a constructive, client-centric attitude
· Proficiency in French, Spanish or Arabic would be an asset
· Experience of managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders
· Experience of commissioning and managing digital technology service providers
· Journalism experience
· Experience of developing / engaging online networks
· Experience of working in International Development, especially FCDO-funded projects
· Familiarity with UKAid branding guidelines
Expert understanding and hands-on experience of having used digital technologies creatively to promote: (a) the development, maintenance and growth of dynamic online communities; and (b) online learning to support organizational capacity development
Understanding of safeguarding in an international development context
· A basic understanding of children’s rights / familiarity with the work of children’s rights organisations
· Understanding and familiarity of international development/aid sector
How to apply:
To apply: please send your CV, financial offer (daily rate) and sample of work (e.g. social media products or campaigns) to email@example.com. Please include “*Digital Platform Strategic Communications and Content Consultant* “ and your full name in the subject line. Offers will be reviewed as they come. Starting date: 1st March 2021.