at Helix Sleep (View all jobs)
New York, New York, United States
Helix is a leading vertically integrated direct-to-consumer brand platform, operating a portfolio of fast-growing home and sleep brands. We believe deeply in providing the best possible products and buying experiences to all our customers.
Our portfolio of brands includes, but is not limited to:
Helix Sleep (www.helixsleep.com) which aims to improve how people sleep by bringing more customized solutions through mattresses and bedding designed to cater to specific sleep behaviors and needs. Birch (www.birchliving.com) which is our all-natural and eco-friendly sleep brand, with 100% organic certified products. Brooklyn Bedding (www.brooklynbedding.com) which is our factory-direct sleep brand. And Allform (www.allform.com), our modular sofa brand. All our brands focus on making your home a cozier, more comfortable place while maintaining high quality and fair pricing.
The Company has institutional backing as well as deep DTC and manufacturing capabilities, including a 650k sq ft facility. We have dual headquarters in New York and Phoenix as well as full time remote employees. Exciting times lay ahead and we are thrilled to continue growing our team!
Helix is looking for a Senior Designer to join our growing team. This designer would join our fast paced, creative, innovative start-up, reporting directly to the Creative Director and collaborating with the Creative Team. This role will also have the chance to work with the Marketing, Brand, Operations, Digital Product, Physical Product, Engineering teams as well and Helix Founders on a project-by-project basis.
This designer would be involved in a wide range of creative projects; emails, web, UI/UX, landing page development, packaging, in-box materials, print collateral, physical product needs, and various marketing needs.
- BFA/BA in design or design training.
- 2-5 years design-related work experience, ideally in e-commerce.
- A stellar portfolio that demonstrates creative range and conceptual thinking.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Proficient in Figma, or eager to learn.
- Understand file preparation and exporting for print and digital files.
- Understanding of web and email structure and best practices.
- Ability to pivot between multiple brands.
- Resourceful and flexible.
- Ability to multitask, work quickly under pressure, and work well with multiple types of team members.
- Highly organized and detailed, including clean internal file management.
- An eye for current aesthetics and trends.
- Visual and functional design QA design experience.
- Prior work experience at a start-up or DTC company.
- Knowledge of online landing page builders like Shogun.
- Experience using Figma or similar tools.
- Experience using project management tools like Jira and Asana.
- Ability to do light retouching and image manipulation.
- Producing and/or directing photo and video shoots.
- Experience prototyping with Figma and/or Principle.
- Experience with ADA compliance when designing for the web.
- Experience working within Brand Guidelines and working on and with UI Kits.
- Access to leadership team
- A free mattress
- Home office setup stipend
- Wellness stipend for healthy initiatives
- In-office free coffee, snacks, and weekly team lunch
- Company-hosted happy hours and activities
- Friends and family discount on brands
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Competitive parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- 401(k) program with matching
- Employee referral program and bonus
Source: Behance JobList