It is crucial you are experienced of working in a fast paced environment and juggling multiple projects and clients. We are looking for someone that is aware of the role and responsibility that design, messaging and communications have to inspire change.
Sail are an equal opportunities employer with an inclusive culture. We are a diverse team that includes women, working class backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQIA+, and neurodiversity. We strongly encourage submissions from people of colour, all women, people who identify as LGBTQIA+, disabled people and those from a working class background.
You should have
- A love of design
- Ability to provide quick turnarounds working under deadlines
- Good time management and organisation skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and clients
- The ability to create concepts across strategy, copy and design and the confidence to present ideas and solutions
- Hunger to add value through creative problem solving
- A resilient, optimistic and can-do attitude
- Social awareness, wanting to challenge the status quo and traditional systems to break boundaries for change
- A curious mindset ? always looking to learn, listen to feedback and develop.
- Educated to degree level in digital design, graphic design, graphic communications or related field
- 4+ years in a studio/freelance
- Breadth of experience ? having created meaningful and effective work for big brands, small arts organisations and everything in between; from artworking to brand identity.
Skills we’re looking for
- Ability to translate creative strategy/briefs into creative design
- Artworking: acute attention to detail
- Typography skills and logo crafting
- Storytelling and lateral thinking to develop concepts, campaigns and brands
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite ? After Effects a bonus
- Digital: UX/UI developing sitemaps, wireframes and digital design
- Awareness of the responsibly of accessibility/inclusion and sustainability in design
- Presentation and communication skills
- Ability to create strong and trustworthy team and client relationships.
- Animation skills ? After Effects
- Project management experience
- Interest and drive for systemic change.
- Positive, supportive and relaxed, small team who are engaged and share passions of activism, creativity and change and regularly work on personal projects
- Excellent community and ambassador clients that share our ethos and values
- Regularly attending client/community events around arts, culture and social change
- £250 per year wellbeing budget
- Birthdays off
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Remote/flexible working options available
- Lovely studio in Newcastle’s Creative Quarter, the Ouseburn
- Working in an extended collective team of freelancers and wonderful people!
Deadline: apply by 15th October.
Please send applications to email@example.com.
At Sail we like to challenge and be challenged, we don’t confirm to the ‘usual expectations’. We want to know what makes you tick, what gets you out of bed in the morning and what inspires you and what you could bring to Sail. So, tell us your story in any medium you feel best suits what you’d like to say.
Please also include a CV, your earliest start date, relevant examples of your work and/or a link to your portfolio, and any links to professional social media profiles.
Source: Behance JobList