Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Deputy Chief of Party, Eastern and Southern Caribbean
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated economic development program in the Eastern and Southern Caribbean funded by USAID.
The Deputy Chief of Party will support the Chief of Party in attaining project goals and objectives by providing technical advice and direction when appropriate. They will oversee day-to-day planning, design, and operations of project and technical teams to ensure effective project implementation. The program is anticipated to start in 2022. This position could be based in Barbados or other countries within the geographic focus.
- Support the development of strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and other deliverables in line with USAID guidelines
- Provide input into the performance monitoring plan to measure success and validate causal model assumptions
- Support the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools, and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation
- Prepare reports and documents to USAID, national governments, ACDI/VOCA home office, and other partner organizations
- Work closely with subcontractors and private sector associations in the region to provide technical and organizational assistance
- Ensure project staff implement economic concepts and approaches in a sustainable manner
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the program, including compliance with donor transparency and due diligence requirements
- Ensure that synergies among activity elements and grantees are capitalized upon
- Represent ACDI/VOCA with partners and key stakeholders; maintain positive relationships with USAID, local authorities, and the country office team
- Serve as the activity’s principal point of contact for procedural and substantive matters in the absence of the Chief of Party
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business administration, natural resources management, or relevant field is required; a master’s degree is desired.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant, progressively responsible management experience in economic development projects with the public, private, or international cooperation sectors.
- Proven track record of implementing and/or managing economic development activities.
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID and/or other international Donor programs’ rules and regulations is required.
- Experience working in Eastern and Southern Caribbean preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
Eastern and Southern Caribbean nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.