In order to deliver its missions and field teams an improved budgeting tool and analytical accounting model, MSF-CH focused on designing and implementing an analytical model based on budget lines which will further connect the field budget stakeholders and the tools they are using. The model is designed to involve both Finance, HR, Logs, Medical and OPS domains.
The project was piloted in Iraq in 2019 and extended gradually within MSF Switzerland to reach a total of 9 missions deployed (40% of planned 2021 and 2022 ops volume).
The coming project phase, starting mid-22 will consist of the full deployment in OCG missions.
Technically, the project is connecting MSF-CH budgeting tools (Fin and HR matrices), Unifield (Accounting and supply ERP), medical items management tools, Homère (local staff HR payroll), D365 (international staff HR management) and Powerbi to ensure data visualization.
To support this project, MSF-CH is opening two positions of Flying CAM Implementors. The holder of the position will ensure the project and its components are implemented in the field and users are proficient and autonomous in the CAM.
The position will hierarchically report to the CAM Project Manager. The position implies numerous relationships with staff in the field projects, mission coordination and at HQ.
Scope of responsibilities
Tasks while in the field
· Before arriving to the mission, prepares a training plan with the FinCo involving all stakeholders (such as HoM, PC, Medco, Logco, Fin/HR managers);
· Adapts the training material to the context, mission and project if need be;
· Leads workshops and trainings, Q&A sessions, informative presentations and any specific support to ensure appropriation of the CAM model with the teams in all departments;
· Ensures the set of tools provided to the mission is up and running (all tools related to CAM), proposes improvements when needed, trains teams on the connections between tools when needed;
· Collects feedback, opinions, request for improvements or changes, issues, questions and proposes solutions directly or after consultation with the Project manager and the project officer in order to ease the work of the teams;
· Support the field teams in designing the budget lines cost structures;
· Makes sure that the CAM and proposed codification corresponds to the reality and proposes adaptations when needed.
In between missions or upon request from the project manager or the project officer (e.g. MYR, PoA, project opening or Copro, etc.), will execute the following tasks:
· Follows-up on past implementations;
· Participates to the design of trainings to ensure complete appropriation of the CAM by all end users (project, coordination, HQ);
· Contributes to creation and dissemination of learning tools for all users of the CAM- Finance, HR, Supply, Log, Med (including Pharma) and OPS both at coordination and project level;
· Participates to and promotes the creation of a network of key users through a dedicated community of practice;
· Performs consistency checks in the use of CAM codes within the missions and proposes adjustments when needed;
· Based on the observations made during the mission visits and on the needs expressed by the teams, proposes improvements, new or adapted training material, or other solutions;
· Performs trainings with the FinOps and other technical referents (e.g. Supply, Accounting) whenever required;
· Provide direct technical support to the missions and ensure maintenance of the tools in the field.
· Essential degree in finance, management, business administration
· Desirable degree in L&D
· Essential three years’ experience in management, finance and cost analysis
· Essential field experience with MSF or other INGOs in Finance/HR/administration
· Experience with the CAM is a plus
· Experience in training development and facilitation is a plus
· Fluent in French and English (written and spoken)
· Excellent analytical skills
· Attentive to details
· Excellent organizational skill & ability to prioritize
· Pro-activity and capacity to bring forward proposals. Solution oriented
· Capacity to communicate efficiently and to synthesize
· Service Orientation
· Teamwork and Cooperation Ability to work transversally, in multidisciplinary teams and in a multicultural environment
· Capacity to work under pressure
· Field-based position with visits to the headquarters in Geneva.
· Practical working conditions in the field are in accordance with the MSF OCG volunteer manual.
· Gross monthly salary: CHF 5,500 for a 100% position (proportional to the occupation rate)
· Ideal start date: July 1st, 2022
· Contract until 15th of December 2022
· Benefits: Health insurance and living expenses in the countries of intervention and at headquarters, paid according to internal regulations.
How to apply:
Candidates submit their application following the requirements: CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max. – in French or English.
Deadline for application is May 25th, 2022.
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our staff members. We strive to create workplaces where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together for the social mission of MSF to create better outcomes for our patients and the communities we work with.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.