ENGINE is a global, full-service media and marketing services company. Our award-winning creative agency is a business that is built on a modern performance & data machine. We are a purpose-built unit, bridging the gap between culture, creativity, and results. In our opinion, there is no other way to approach success for a client – you need to excel in creativity, but the work needs to perform. Simple.
The important thing for us is to make work that links brands with real people. We do this by finding the sweet spot between what people are into and what a brand can do, fueled by data. We know that if we get this right, we can help our clients out-perform the competition. We don’t care about platforms, media, or formats (we totally do, but…) we care about ideas.
We’re looking for a New York-based Copywriter with exceptional writing skills to contribute to the agency’s track record of award-winning, press-worthy work for current clients, as well as pitch-winning creative for inbound opportunities.
The right candidate should be passionate about pop culture, internet culture, film & TV – and have a sharp wit. This role will require the ability to develop always-on editorial ideas and own our client’s brand voice on social media. We’re seeking a rare combination of thinker, collaborator, and maker to be a part of a uniquely dynamic team.
This role will grow our creative reputation, contributing to the development of content for multiple handles, as well as social campaigns that are distinctive, compelling, and drive conversion for our clients. A deep appreciation for both conceptual and executional creative work is imperative. There’s no job too big or too small – we’re all in.
- Work with the Creative Director to craft witty and engaging copy for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
- Maintain the brand voice of our clients and their programming
- Manage the copywriting process from concept through production
- Collaborate with the wider team under the guidance of the CD to develop ideas, activations, and best-in-class creative solutions
- Work with production team to get work done on time
- Demonstrate client-facing ability and presenting skills
- 5+ years related experience with a consumer brand or ad agency
- Proven copywriting experience and the ability to adopt tone/voice
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Self-starter who works well independently and takes responsibility
- Strong storytelling ability, innovation, creativity
- Highly collaborative and flexible; comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Must be passionate and curious about all aspects of marketing creative
- Thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Desire to develop craft knowledge and creative expertise
- On-set and post-production experience a plus