The American Bar Association (ABA) Center for Human Rights works to promote and protect human rights worldwide by mobilizing lawyers to help threatened advocates and vulnerable communities; rallying leading experts on vital issues; and holding abusive governments accountable under law.
ABA CHR is seeking an individual or organization with experience conducting simultaneous interpretation in Spanish and/or in Arabic and who has availability on Tuesday, February 8, 2022 from 9 am – 12 noon (EST) to conduct interpretation during a virtual event on Zoom. Applicants only need to have fluency in one of the two languages, not both.
Applicant will enter into a contract to provide services for this event only; however, there will be a possibility to extend the initial contract to cover additional interpretation services should ABA CHR have additional interpretation needs arise and the applicant has availability.
Successful applicants must:
- Be fluent in either Spanish or Arabic
- Have 3+ years of experience in simultaneous interpretation in either Spanish or Arabic
- Have experience conducting simultaneous interpretation via Zoom
- Be available for a 30-minute to one-hour event dress rehearsal during the first week of February to ensure all technology is working
- Be available on Tuesday, February 8, 2022 from 9 am – 12 pm EST for the event
How to apply:
Please send the following documents in a single PDF to CHR.Opportunities@americanbar.org and copy Emma Watson at email@example.com
Cover letter. Maximum 1 page. In your cover letter, please indicate:
- In which of the two languages you have fluency;
- Your years of experience and background conducting simultaneous interpretation Spanish or Arabic;
- Your experience conducting simultaneous interpretation over Zoom and other virtual platforms; and,
- Your availability on Tuesday, February 8, 2022 from 9 am – 12 pm ET.
Resume or CV – If applying as an organization, please send a document outlining your organization’s background and experience offering interpretation services.
Application Deadline: Monday, January 17th, 2022 at 5:00 pm EST. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.