Consultant – MicroMentor Quality Assurance Developer – Remote/HQ
MicroMentor is an initiative of Mercy Corps’ Innovations Team. At MicroMentor, our mission is to leverage the power of mentoring to help small businesses thrive. We do so by offering entrepreneurs direct access to a pool of committed professional volunteer mentors via an easy-to-use online community. MicroMentor has an expanding community making 10,000 mentoring connections every year. Entrepreneurs matched with a mentor have shown significant results in terms of improved job creation, business survival, and revenue growth. Our team is diverse, driven, hardworking and highly committed to the mission of helping small businesses thrive through mentoring, and about Mercy Corps’ mission to support our worldwide team that’s improving the lives of 19 million people in 40+ countries.
MicroMentor is a growing program within Mercy Corps and functions much like a technology start-up. Through a proprietary online mentoring platform, MicroMentor provides a technology solution that connects small business owners and entrepreneurs with skilled volunteer business mentors on a global scale. In addition to managing the general community of users, MicroMentor provides a niche product offering to corporations, international NGOs and government entities as a program-implementing partner.
Purpose / Project Description:
The Quality Analyst will perform quality tests and validate test cases for new product features and custom made requirements that meet our organization’s quality standards, before they are shipped to our customers.
The Quality Analyst position is integral to the success of Micromentor ́s online mentoring growing platform. The position will have the responsibility for ensuring that the quality management system is robust to ensure product compliance. The successful candidate will work closely with various departments to review and validate products based on quality requirements and recommend changes to predetermined quality guidelines.
- Promote quality goals, policies, objectives, and standards throughout the Micromentor platform and app development process. Draft quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Recommend, implement and monitor preventative and corrective actions to ensure that quality assurance standards are achieved.
- Participate in specific projects to understand both, internal core Micromentor projects and customer facing project expectations, to ensure continuous quality standards are improved and met. Investigate customer complaints and product issues.
- Identify and remedy defects within the production process and ensure that user expectations are met during the testing process.
- Compile and analyze statistical data.
Timeframe / Schedule:
Estimated workload of 20 – 25/hours per week. Initial contract to be of 6-month duration, working remotely.
The Consultant will report to:
Director, Technology & Growth, MicroMentor
The Consultant will work closely with:
MicroMentor Technology Team.
Required Experience & Skills:
The ideal consultant will have the following experience and skills:
- 5-10 years of relevant technical experience
- 3+ years of proven experience in the software testing domain.
- Experience with automation testing tools such as: TestNG, Selenium,WebDriver, etc
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills:
- Fluency in English required
- Able to communicate clearly using a variety of approaches
- Able to read and interpret software application design documentation and solicit clarifications for documentation.
- Able to read and write technical documentation
- Able to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Willingness to interact and collaborate with people with different backgrounds and cultures from around the world
- Able to learn quickly and adapt
- Awareness of and sensitivity to multicultural international development work
- Able to work remotely and attend meetings on Pacific time
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our stakeholders and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
How to apply
In addition to your CV, please submit a brief cover letter which includes a list of relevant projects/experience, expected fees/daily rate, and availability.