Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solution into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Purpose / Project Description:
The Humanitarian Proposal Writer(s) will work closely with Regional teams in Africa, the Middle East, Asia, and Latin America to assist various Country Teams with humanitarian proposals funded by the United States Agency for International Development, The United States Department of State, and potentially other donors. The consultant(s) will act as lead writer for concept notes, full proposals, or cost modification proposals depending on the needs of the country/regional teams.
The Humanitarian Proposal Writer will be tasked with working closely with Mercy Corps Country offices and Headquarters teams to design and develop competitive proposals based on field research, consultations with key internal and external stakeholders, input from technical and business development experts, and a thorough design process.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with country/regional teams and global technical experts to develop strong technical designs
- Develop initial logframes/results frameworks
- Write drafts of key technical sections, respond to feedback, and produce quality final draft for submission.
Timeframe / Schedule:
Up to 30 days, beginning in December 2021 or January 2022
Required Experience & Skills:
- 5-10 years experience in program design and proposal development in a wide variety of sectors and geographic locations.
- At least 2-3 years experience in field-based program and staff management, with relevant regional knowledge
- Proven experience developing winning humanitarian proposals, especially for USAID/BHA and Dept. of State/PRM;
- Proven ability to work productively with a wide variety of stakeholders to run both participatory process and also meet tight deadlines with an emphasis on producing quality products.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience developing multiple-partnership arrangements for proposal development.
- Ability to lead teams, handle negotiations and facilitate planning processes.
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and in sparse working environments.
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills an absolute must.
- Native-level spoken and written English or Native-level spoken and written French
Reporting: The consultant(s) will report to the relevant Regional New Business representative (Africa, ME, Asia or Americas)
Please submit a cover letter and CV. Cover letter should include a list of past proposals including donor, value and if awarded.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our stakeholders and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
How to apply:
To apply: http://app.jobvite.com/m?3A6B8mwg