Under the supervision of the Programme Officer of the Front Office of the United Nations Office of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Children and Armed Conflict, the selected Consultant will:
• Research and collect information pertaining to the challenges, gaps and opportunities in documenting and reporting on DHA within the framework of the MRM as a grave violation against children in armed conflict and the impact on children.
• Consult members of the TRG on the MRM, the CTFMRs on the ground, OCHA and other UN partners and NGOs working on related issues and prepare an analysis of specific issues for clarification on DHA.
• Conduct field-based research through travel to one or more locations identified for the project carefully selected from the situations currently covered by the CAAC agenda.
• Identify opportunities for engagement with parties to conflict and humanitarian partners to address DHA within the framework of the MRM and propose elements and measures to include DHA in comprehensive Action Plans.
• Develop a Guidance Note on DHA within the framework of the MRM for practitioners in the field, including the CTFMRs, UN and NGO partners.
• Revise the draft based on OSRSG CAAC’s feedback, up to two rounds of review.
The Consultant is expected to possess an advanced degree, a minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience working on issues of human rights monitoring and reporting and/or child protection, and a track record of producing studies and recommendations on issues relating to CAAC, preferably in the context of monitoring and reporting grave violations against children in armed conflict,.
The Consultant will work remotely but is expected to be available during New York working hours, 9:30am-5:30pm, Monday through Friday.
For more information, please view our website:
How to apply
Applications should be sent to Randall Tilson, firstname.lastname@example.org as below and include:
1. Candidate Profile or (P11), go to www.inspira.un.org to register and create an account and candidate profile, if you do not already have one.
2. Motivation Statement (which is part of the Candidate Profile)
3. One writing sample unedited by others
Please refer to “Consultant Guidance Note on DHA” in the subject line of your email.