Type of Contract: Consultancy
Duration: 15 days
Date: February 22 to March 12, 2021
Location: LAGOS, NIGERIA
The Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award (ICHSSA), Lagos State is a 5-year PEPFAR/USAID funded project in Lagos State. The project has a purpose to provide services to orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) while strengthening government systems to adequately respond and coordinate these implementation activities. A major objective of this project is to provide care and support services for vulnerable children and their households, especially those infected and affected by HIV.
The major tool for sustaining OVC program interventions is mobilization of domestic resources from both public and private sectors. As part of this process, the project has continued to build the capacity of government staff (at LGA and state levels) on resource mobilization and tracking government investments in OVC programs. The project is also actively engaging with private sector organizations to explore opportunities for resource mobilization and funding for OVC interventions in the State to ensure improved health and social welfare systems for identified OVC and their caregivers.
Description of Duties/Responsibilities
The Consultant will work under the direct guidance of the Country Representative. The Consultant will have the following duties and responsibilities:
· Conduct desk research on corporate social responsibility and/or sustainable investment policies and practices of private sector investors across different sectors in Nigeria associated with OVC and other similar areas of interventions.
· Develop a well-designed pitch/proposal for private sector funding, based on different themes (Health and Social services). The pitch/proposal should also include investment opportunities and social returns on investment for businesses across different sectors
· Compile case studies based on OVC activities on the ARFH ICHSSA 2 project. This will include reviewing program documentation from both ARFH and FHI360 (community and facility levels)
· Draft a guide, focusing on mainstream social and environmental business practices in compliance with local and international standards and which should entail:
o Overview on the business case for sustainable and responsible investment in the context of OVC welfare systems
o Brief overview of country-specific sustainability policies for investments and the institutional landscape supporting sustainable/responsible private sector investment.
o Case studies showcasing best practices on sustainable investment. The outline of the report to be provided by Project HOPE
· Document the phone interviews conducted and their related content.
Expected Outputs and Timelines
· Outline of report and structure of profiles created (end of February)
· Final report completed (2nd week in March 2021)
· Ability to gather and synthesize research material from various sectors/organizations
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Understanding of OVC welfare systems sustainability strategies and investment policy.
· Knowledge of the current and emerging trends in Nigeria’s sustainability policies
· Knowledge of the private sector in Nigeria
· Experience with research on sustainable investment practices applied by Nigerian companies is an asset
· Fully proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, internet, power point
· Ability to work independently, with flexibility and deliver results under time pressure;
Advanced degree in economics, finance, international relations, international development, business administration, or related field. Experience required At least 5 years of experience working in the areas of sustainable and responsible investment, economic development and/or investment promotion.
· A consultancy work plan that includes timeline and a proposed outline and methodology for the consultancy
· Final consultancy report.
· The Consultant is expected to be familiar with both Local Government and State structures in Lagos State
· Given the current restrictions around COVID-19, the Consultant should be prepared to move around Lagos, LGAs and State Ministries if need be (observing all safety guidelines in relation to COVID-19).
How to apply:
Application Closing Date
February 12, 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: ASeweje@projecthope.org
· Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the Job Title clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
· Project HOPE does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview
· Work is expected to be carried out during work days. Any work at weekends will be approved by the Country Representative.
· Costs for consultant travel as approved in the workplan will be reimbursed
· Project HOPE will pay a lump sum towards communication costs
· Consultant daily rate will be N50,000 (Fifty thousand Naira); to be paid on submission of satisfactory final consultancy report (Business Investment Case)